Winterface by VITO Technology released - FRESH LOOK at WINDOWS MOBILE INTERFACE

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mobile Enthusiast

Default Winterface by VITO Technology released - FRESH LOOK at WINDOWS MOBILE INTERFACE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!
    For more information contact:
    Konstantin Kalinin
    VITO Technology
    Tel +7 905 9544145
    konstantin@vitotechnology.com

Winterface – Cool & Fresh Breeze in the World of Windows Mobile Interface
    Highly customizable Shell to improve standard WM interface

July 7, 2008 - VITO Technology releases Winterface - a major breakthrough in the world of Windows Mobile interface. Winterface is the Next Generation Shell for Windows Mobile comprising the options of a launcher, a task manager, and a multitude of Today plug-ins. Winterface gives the user unprecedented freedom to easily lay out interface exactly the way they like it.

As a shell Winterface removes the necessity to turn to default Windows Mobile interface: Today screen and Start menu. Winterface opens instantly whenever users draw a simple gesture on the screen. It allows users to have as many screens as they need and put on them icons for applications, settings and contacts.

The screens are flipped through with sliding finger gestures. The icons for such applications as phone, sms, email, battery, clock, calendar, memory, etc. - all show relevant information and thus replace a number of Today plug-ins.

As a launcher Winterface features one tap launch of any installed applications and settings. A tap on a contact icon opens a menu with contact details from where you can call, send text message, email, browse URL, etc.

As a task manager Winterface lets you easily switch between running applications. A fixed icon on the first screen lets users see running programs, switch between them or close them.

It is very convenient to organize icons on screens by a certain topic. Users can set up a screen with favorite contacts, a screen with most used applications, a screen with icons-indicators (battery, memory, calendar, clock, etc.), and so on, as far as their fantasy goes! Icons are easily moved on the screen and between screens by drag’n’drop gestures.

Winterface is available for $19.95 at Winterface - Next Generation Shell for your Windows Mobile device. There is also a free 14-day fully functional trial available as a cab or exe installer.

VITO Technology Inc. is known for its innovative products in the field of Windows Mobile and Symbian software, GPS navigation and custom projects. Introduced in this press-release Winterface is a next generation mobile shell for Windows Mobile touch screen devices.
    ###
    © VITO Technology 2008. All rights reserved.
    EDITORIAL COPY AVAILABLE upon REQUEST
    Useful links:
    Download desktop installer: http://iwindowsmobile.com/files/Winterface.exe
    Download mobile (on-device) installer: http://iwindowsmobile.com/files/Winterface.cab
    Program page: Winterface - Next Generation Shell for your Windows Mobile device

PS If you like this application, download it, try and post your comment, whatever it be: positive or negative. Then get in contact with me (use info from the title), tell me where you posted your comment and you will get a free copy of Winterface.

Default Re: Winterface by VITO Technology released - FRESH LOOK at WINDOWS MOBILE INTERFACE

Konstantin,

I have installed Winterface and it looks great! I have 4 questions:

1. Contacts - how do I see the contact manager you show in your screenshots? When I hit the contacts button I see the "standard" contacts app.

2. In the "Menu" app I see Contacts, but this just lists first names, and allows me to add them as buttons.

3. When I go to "Menu" and click the ? for help, I get an error that file is not found. Is there documentation somewhere I can read?

4. Where do I find the "Slide to unlock" settings such as timeout before lock, etc.

All in all, I like it so far and will probably uninstall PointUI!

(I love the "jittering" icons when in edit mode! )

Default Just a small query!!

Gr8 Work with winterface guys!!! I absolutely love it. just wanted to ask if there is a way i can change the background pic from black to any other?

Default Re: Winterface by VITO Technology released - FRESH LOOK at WINDOWS MOBILE INTERFACE

Three more quick comments from me:

1. When an alarm is set, the clock icon should change to indicate such.

2. The Phone icon shows a count of missed calls, but does not show a voicemail count - that is very important!

3. For phones that have a keyboard (Samsung SCH-i760) the contacts should be navigatable by typing names, like your T9 keyboard.

Thanks!

Matt

Mobile Enthusiast

Winterface updated to 1.01 at www.iwindowsmobile.com now. Issues we faced:

- lags in settings screen when adding settings icons on some devices
    - dublicate icons of settings in the settings list upon adding on some devices
    - contacts displaying only first names in the contact liist upon adding
    - unlock bypass by gesture
    - bluetooth icon indicator on lock screen not appearing

SailFan, your points:

1. It is FunContact - finger-friednly contact manager, available at http://iwindowsmobile.com/contact-manager.html

2. First names and last names now

3. Now there.

4. Nowhere.

5. Alarm - goes to wish list and is going to be discussed internally

6. Voice mail - already in the wish list

7. Interesting, elaborate. Because it sounds fine but when it comes to realization... I mean can you describe the process in details. Let's say you have three screens, and on the las one you have your favorite contacts. You unlocked the screen and you are on the first screen. Now, wha do you do to and what happens precisely

Look forward to hearing from you and love your feedback.

I LOVE IT!.

Before i discovered teh amazing "Winterface" I already used many programs like this. I must say some of them were great.

My top of finger friendly UI's.

1. Winterface.
    Winterface is my number 1 because it is for me just the easiest and best UI to use. This is because i love the other Iwindowsmobile applications like SMS Chat, Funcontact, Eye Photo , Audio notes. And together with WInterface it works extremely well. With other finger friendly UI's like pointui. the button to my Inbox leads to the normal sms program of WM6. AND I HATE IT!

2. Pointui/SBP Mobile Shell.
    This finger friendly UI's are GREAT!. I think pointui has better graphics. But with spb mobile shell with a single move you can get back to your home screen. With poinntui i got some problems with that ( only with the new version). But the problem with SPB's Mobile shell is I many times get to see my HTC Today screen. And I actuelly don't want to see it ever again.
    But both of this nice working UI's dont work with sms chat and funcontact.

3. Wisbar advance destkop.
    Nice UI and i liked u just could change anything. But my phone was to slow for it and it didn't really workes out.

You still got Goodwin Iswish( didn't came out yet) ifonz, wm freestyl , flipside. But they all sucked.

Problems i have with Winterface.

*It is just some to simple.
    *It don't have to take all things from the iphone.
    * graphics (of icons)
    * i want to change some more
    * they should make applications with it. Like a clock application taht if u click on the clock button you dont go to that ugly wm6 settings. But to a nice Iwindowsmobile clock applictios. And the same for battery memmory callendar .....
    *put some home screen with it. Maybe with some clokc and 4 buttons ore somthing suite yourself.
    * i want to make my own buttons to programs and choose my own icons with them and i want to chaneg the name of buttons. Eye photo now is dressed liek an Eye photo icon and the name is Eye photo. I want this to look like and standard application with the name : Foto's ( this is dutch) and an icon of a map with photo's .
    *You should have like a bar above every page wich u can set text in and a menu button in it. So i can make 1 page with wm programs , 1 with contacts etc....
    *instead of the dots taht change in white so you can see what page you are. They should take some kind of a circle only for the half in the under part of your page. and if you go 1 page further. the circle flips a litle bit to the left and teher is 1 other icon on the top ( like a human ore sotmhing so you cna see you are on the contact page ore somthing)
    * what do you think of some sort of button in the left corner, really deep in the corner and some kind of small button. If you tap that button there are the running applications in your corner . In a 3/4 cirlce awhat comes no further than the middle of your screen.

I hope Vito Will update Winterface soon.
    Greatings

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
    1. It is FunContact - finger-friednly contact manager, available at http://iwindowsmobile.com/contact-manager.html
    Yeah - thanks - I did download that. My comments below regarding keyboard usage will apply to Fun Contacts.

2. First names and last names now
    Cool!

3. Now there.
    Cool!

4. Nowhere.
    So does this use settings from Windows Mobile? (I'll play with it). I find that during a call the phone will lock and the screen will dim. To do something like switch on the speakerphone I have to wake up the phone, slide to unlock, click the phone icon, then turn on the speaker. Hopefully I can figure that out. I did not change the phone settings between using PointUI and Winterface, but this behavior changed.

5. Alarm - goes to wish list and is going to be discussed internally
    Thanks!

6. Voice mail - already in the wish list
    Thanks! Do you have a feel for timing on this? It could be a show-stopper for me for now.

7. Interesting, elaborate. Because it sounds fine but when it comes to realization... I mean can you describe the process in details. Let's say you have three screens, and on the las one you have your favorite contacts. You unlocked the screen and you are on the first screen. Now, wha do you do to and what happens precisely
    I have close to 2000 contacts in my phone. Once I get to a letter using your slider/selection, I might still have 200 names to flick through. What I'd like to be able to do is just open my keyboard and start typing. In my case, my last name is 'White". To find me I woulod type "W", "h", "i", etc. and the list of names would zero in on the matches. Just like the normal contacts in WM.

Look forward to hearing from you and love your feedback.
    Thanks! Another question:

8. Turning WiFi on is difficult, and off seems impossible. Maybe I am missing something. I'll check docs with version 1.01.

Still loving it!

Matt

I've downloaded and installed Winterface, and I have to say, I'm quite happy with it. I found it when I went back to iwindowsmobile.com to re-download SMS-Chat, after I finally decided that it's the best threaded SMS program out there..

Anyway, Winterface seems to be working well, and the ONLY tip I can really give to the folks at VITO is allow CUSTOMIZATION, CUSTOMIZATION, CUSTOMIZATION. The more wiggle room I have with my apps, the more apt I am to use and purchase them. Winterface is getting there, and in my opinion much better than GoodWin in this sense.

One issue I've been having has been with Internet shortcuts. First, a shortcut directly to Internet Explorer brings up "file://\windows\iexplore.exe" and not the home page. So I tried to make a shortcut that went to www.google.com/m, and when that shortcut is followed, it goes instead to "http://www.google.com/m%20" which is a not-found page. It seems to add the %20 at the end of the URL.

These shortcuts work fine through the regular WM interface.

Keep up the good work and I'll keep buying your products!

Cheers,
    Mickey

One more thought...

If Winterface could run as a plugin on the today screen that was anywhere from 1-4 rows, it'd be the absolute answer to all my launching woes!

Mobile Enthusiast

Matt,
    Wifi seems to be a huge leak in Windows Mobile devices. You are lucky if your device has Comm Manager application. Then you can simply add this icon to screens.
    Contact search is actually not that difficult even with your huge contact database when you are adding contacts. There is an alphabetic ruler on the right side that helps you scroll quickly to contacts starting with a particular letter. then you can scroll in a regular way with finger.

Mickey,
    Thanks for youur kind words. Too much customization is always bad. This is a bad habbit of a Windows Mobile long time user to tweak every little tweakety-teak on their devices. Everything should work fine and look gret from the start. I beieve we have enough customization right now and with the coming features it will be even greater!
    IE problem - fixed. Otherwise a device problem.
    Winterface Today plug-in? You must be kidding? Winterface is there to replace the Today and Start menu altogether. That is why some icons in Winterface show the actual info like time, date, battery, memory, phone calls, sms, email, etc.