Best to read E-books.

Closed Thread

Default Best to read E-books.

I read a lot of books and have a lot of e-books, but I hate sitting down at a desk. I mean I hate it.

I was looking at that Sony e-book reader, but Im unsure of spending $300-$400 just to read books.

I was looking a a PDA or alike, but the screen seems a tad small. What do you guys recommend. I don't want to spend that much.

Superfluous Moderator

Default Re: Best to read E-books.

Welcome to Brighthand. You should take a look at the Palm TX. The screen is large and well designed for e-book or document reading (the Graffiti area is virtual, meaning it can be removed to take advantage of the entire screen). So for $299 not only do you get an e-book reader, but also a capable PDA, entertainment, and internet device.
    "The best offense is a good defense."
    m100, m130 , Zire 71, TX, Axim x51, Treo 755p, Touch Pro, Pre, Epic 4G, iPhone 5

"Using no way as way; having no limitation as limitation"
    -Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
    Welcome to Brighthand. You should take a look at the Palm TX. The screen is large and well designed for e-book or document reading (the Graffiti area is virtual, meaning it can be removed to take advantage of the entire screen). So for $299 not only do you get an e-book reader, but also a capable PDA, entertainment, and internet device.
    the TX looks great, but now I am thinking that since I have a skype account and I am always in a place with wi-fi, maybe I should get a device that can handle skype.

Does anybody have a picture of the TX with a E-book loader, preferably a pdf.

Mobile Deity

Skype? I'm pretty sure that while Palm OS users are down on their luck for that particular VoIP app, there's a Windows Mobile client available.

That would give the vaunted Dell Axim X50v and X51v an edge, not to mention that their VGA screens with twice the resolution of the T|X's screen could made e-book reading easier on the eyes.

I can't say that I have any e-books to use with my X50v, though it's a pretty nice .PDF viewer with PocketXpdf, and an excellent little Internet tablet with Opera Mobile.

All of that said, don't dismiss the T|X just yet. It has some advantages software-wise, at least in Office document creation and editing(Documents To Go)and streaming Internet radio and video(Kinoma Player 4 EX).
    Current Mobile Computing Loadout:
    Samsung Galaxy S III SPH-L710 + HP EliteBook 2730p

Former Mobile Computer History:
    PDAs: Palm m100 → Palm Tungsten|C → Dell Axim X50v → HP iPAQ hx4700
    Tablet PCs: HP TC1100 → Gateway E-295C -> Fujitsu T5010

Ooh NO, missus...

Welcome to Brighthand, Llama77. For those that have temporarily lost the power of their own google finger...