Is there a program to boost internal speaker volume?

Closed Thread
    Mobile Enthusiast

Default Is there a program to boost internal speaker volume?

Hi everyone,
    Is there a program to boost the internal speaker volume? In some movies that I watch the sound is not as loud as it can be. A lot of the astraware games are VERY loud and can be heard across the room. Just a side remark - I dont like how the internal speaker is at the back!

Cheers,
    fibbo.

Life is a circus!

Default Re: Is there a program to boost internal speaker volume?

If you're using TCPMP to view your movies, which is highly recommended freeware (link in my sig), go to Prefs and on the Audio tab there's a slider for preamp. That'll boost the volume.

Also, when you're encoding the movies for the TX, most apps have an option to boost the volume.
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Hookette's edgy lately

Quote Originally Posted by fibbo View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Is there a program to boost the internal speaker volume? In some movies that I watch the sound is not as loud as it can be. A lot of the astraware games are VERY loud and can be heard across the room. Just a side remark - I dont like how the internal speaker is at the back!

Cheers,
    fibbo.
    It sounds like you are trying to use the TX speaker for your ambient sound rather than headphones? Why? (If I'm wrong, disregard). No matter how loud you get it, it is not going to deliver quality sound. If you don't want to use headphones, get self-powered external PC speakers, Combining TCPMP's preamp with the external speaker controls ahouls get you a pretty good result (I do this with a cheap set of speakers and it works fine).

Just a suggestion.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm X > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM, Android 4.4.2, Franco kernel
    Nexus 7 (2012) wifi+data (AT&T), Rooted, SlimKat Build 4, Android 4.4.2, ART, Franco Kernel

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

regarding the game volume, on the TX itself you can set that to low/med/high and, most games have their own vol. setting
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

Mobile Enthusiast

Thankyou all for your replies. I do not always carry earphones with me so thankyou for pointing out the handy volume boosting feature in TCPMP I knew that the TX internal speaker was capable of louder volumes than what I had it on hehe

Cheers,
    fibbo.