10 days of 10 $0.10 apps at Android Market - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Your Super Moderator
    Atlanta, GA USA Devices: Misc Palm & iProducts

Default Re: 10 days of 10 $0.10 apps at Android Market

Quote Originally Posted by SGosnell View Post
    I bought Pano. I don't take a lot of panoramic photos, but if I ever want to, I have the capability, for a dime.
    I use Pano on my iPhone and it's very good; also, easy to use. Like Stan said, it's not used very often but incredibly useful when needed. It came in handy for me last Summer, when I had to take panoramic photos before & after re-sodding my front yard. (I had to pay a whole 99.)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickAgresta View Post
    Didja see me wave when I passed you?
    That was you? I didn't recognize you without your hat.
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

Brighthand Forums - The Best Advice At Any Price

m130, Zire 71, Tungsten E, Palm TX, Eee PC, Aspire One, iPod Touch 2G, iPhone 3Gs, iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Mini-R

Flying Dog (...duh...)

Anyone else with multiple android devices notice the disparity between what is offered to what device today and yesterday? Today there is actually a HD game that is only available to my A500 (not the Nooks or my Evo 4G phone), but there are two other games and a wallpaper that isn't available to my A500.

I'm a little surprised they did that because you'd think there would be enough apps compatible with all devices to just offer those. Now it looks like there's only 9 apps for 10 cents today for my phone, and only 7 apps for my tablet. I'm sure that's generating some customer service emails.
    Samsung GALAXY Note II
    Samsung GALAXY Note10.1 2014 Edition
    Samsung GALAXY S III (x3)

acer Iconia A500
    nookcolor (x4)
    nook Tablet

Buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by internetpilot View Post
    Anyone else with multiple android devices notice the disparity between what is offered to what device today and yesterday? Today there is actually a HD game that is only available to my A500 (not the Nooks or my Evo 4G phone), but there are two other games and a wallpaper that isn't available to my A500.

I'm a little surprised they did that because you'd think there would be enough apps compatible with all devices to just offer those. Now it looks like there's only 9 apps for 10 cents today for my phone, and only 7 apps for my tablet. I'm sure that's generating some customer service emails.
    There would be enough, but they wouldn't be nearly as good as these. Devs who sell can choose to protect their apps, making them only available to certain supported devices so they don't get flamed with reviews from people with incompatible devices. The filters don't always make sense, but I at least understand the impulse. You should see all the 1 star reviews that amazon FAOTD's get hit with from tablets even when the description explicitly states that tablets aren't supported. It's infuriating even for me, I can only imagine how the devs feel watching their rating get pummeled after they generously offered their hard work for free.

The selection has been pretty impressive.
    Last edited by Mi An; 12-11-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    I, for one, welcome our feline overlords.

Flying Dog (...duh...)

Oh, I understand, but that's neither here nor there when the banner says, "10 days of 10 apps for 10 cents", right?
    Samsung GALAXY Note II

acer Iconia A500
    nookcolor (x4)
    nook Tablet

Buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by internetpilot View Post
    Oh, I understand, but that's neither here nor there when the banner says, "10 days of 10 apps for 10 cents", right?
    well that's true.

Life is a circus!

Today's choices are another disappointment. I picked up Doodle Jump. Roll in the Hole looks scary -- no real use reviews and permissions to access contacts, etc., looks dangerous.
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Brighthand Reviewer

We've got a couple of repeats today: SoundHound and Beautiful Widgets were both previously available. I should know, I bought them when they were.

Buttons!

After hearing you guys rave about soundhound, I've decided to get on board.

Flying Dog (...duh...)

True story -- my Mastercard company temporarily deactivated my card due to suspicious "account testing/verification" activity (too many small charges).

Excerpt from the phone call to my bank:

Me: "Yes, in celebration of the Android Market's 10 Billion downloads, they are having an app sale of 10 days, 10 apps per day, for 10-cents each."

Customer Support: "What? Really? Hmmm....I have an Android phone, so right after this call, I guess I'm going to check out the Android Market. Okay, sir, your card is reactivated, and if that's all I can help you with, I have some dime shopping to do!"

Hahaha....classic. Annoying (and embarrassing) when my credit card was denied when attempting a purchase at a local department store, but still classic.

"Hello, this is Peggy. Android apps? For a dime?! TRANSFER! TRANSFER! TRANSFER!"

Hahaha...
    Samsung GALAXY Note II

acer Iconia A500
    nookcolor (x4)
    nook Tablet

Hookette's edgy lately

Yeah. Imagine the fun last January, in the middle of a Southern ice storm, when I was trying to drive cross country with my son to help him move back from out West when suddenly, when I went to buy gas (and I was freezing) my card was declined. Turned out I had failed to inform BoA that I was crossing the country. Sheesh. Yes, apparently, I need their permission now.

I guess that's the price of their $0 fraud guarantee, but it is a little too Big Brother for my tastes.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm X > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM, Android 4.4.2, Franco kernel
    Nexus 7 (2012) wifi+data (AT&T), Rooted, SlimKat Build 4, Android 4.4.2, ART, Franco Kernel