Revenge of the $99 Android tablets.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Adama D. Brown
  • 1 Post By r0k

Thread: Revenge of the $99 Android tablets.

Brighthand Reviewer

Default Revenge of the $99 Android tablets.

So I'm not sure if folks here have seen this, but there's a new entrant into the $99 Android tablet market. This one is a little different though, in that it's actually credible as a tablet. The Hisense Sero 7 Lite packs in a dual core processor, 4 gigs of memory, and the full Android ecosystem. I have one in hand right now working on a review for TabletPCReview, and it's actually not bad. Some cut corners--no GPS, no Bluetooth, no rear camera, stuff like that--but it's running almost pure Android 4.1, almost no crapware, and it's fast and easy to use. I'm also going to do a review of the slightly more expensive Sero 7 Pro model: quad core processor, GPS, rear camera, Bluetooth, NFC, etc. for $149.

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

Default Re: Revenge of the $99 Android tablets.

Thanks Adama, Looking forward to the article(s)
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

r0k
    Mobile Deity
    (in the Palm of God's Hand *Detroit)....... Device: iPhone 5

Default Re: Revenge of the $99 Android tablets.

I loved my iPad and more recently my iPad mini. I dabbled in Android-ness with a Samsung GP5. What a disappointment that thing was with its low resolution and gingerbread software. I also dabbled with a Sylvania tablet that was so awful I immediately sold it at a loss on ebay. I've considered a Nexus 7 (the $200 one). For now, I get my Android fix through the free to me (through work) but rather mediocre Moto Razr M. A $99 tablet that isn't a waste of money is of interest to me and since it's a "spare" machine, I can live without bluetooth and all the other bells and whistles that would cost an extra fifty bucks.
    -Jeff
    (r0k)

Palm Devices List (updated 10/17/2011)

sharp - early 1990's -> palm iii (late 1998) ... T|T3 -> ipaq 3115
    (returned to store) ->TX ... Treo 650-> 755p ->bb8830+iPod Touch->RAZR M + iPhone5+iPad mini