MPEG AAC Audio decoder codec

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mobile Enthusiast

Default MPEG AAC Audio decoder codec

Hi Everyone I'm new here, I have a HP iPAQ rz1700 series, I have only had it for about a week and I'm trying to find a link for 'MPEG4 AAC Audio decoder' to download as I have TCPMP on my PDA, plays video but no sound and this is the error it comes up with, I'm trying google searching myself but to no avail yet, any help much appreaciated.

Regards
    Sparky

Mobile Enthusiast

Default Re: MPEG AAC Audio decoder codec

Thanks everyone that had a look but I have found what I needed and solved the problem, what I would like but if any one can help is a freeware program to convert DVDs to play on my iPAQ.

Regards
    Sparky

Life is a circus!

I'm on the PalmOS side of things, so I doubt the links in my signature will help. Check them out anyway.
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks jigwashere, it's all new to me as I bought it because I'm disabled with 'MS' and it will make life a hell of alot easier, anyway I will have a look at your links.

Cheers
    Sparky

Mobile Enthusiast

you need CorePlayer - the aac codec used to be part of TPCMP but since they brought it out as a commercial product, the download for the aac codec is not so easy to find. However CorePlayer contains this code.

You can buy coreplayer here.....

http://mobihand.com/product.asp?id=8905

Lightbulb Re: MPEG AAC Audio decoder codec

Quote Originally Posted by Kium View Post
    you need CorePlayer - the aac codec used to be part of TPCMP but since they brought it out as a commercial product, the download for the aac codec is not so easy to find. However CorePlayer contains this code.

You can buy coreplayer here.....

http://mobihand.com/product.asp?id=8905
    Or use TPCMP and download the AAC codec!
    (TPCMP used to be Beta Player, so download and install the Beta Player Codec for AAC and it'll work just fine with TCPMP) HERE>>> http://www.rarewares.org/aac-decoder...betaplayer-aac

Village Idiot 2.0

PocketMusic offers AAC codec support as well - but not in the freeware version. I think it costs about $10.
    Mobile widgets modded iPAQ h2210B modded Axim X51v P3050 Touch/Vogue (TELUS) Satellite A210-MS9 ~39GB flash storage ULT31803 & SUN-300A flash readers Go Wi-Fi! P500 802.11b/g CFIO CFU2 USB1.1 Host CFIO DSCF-100 RS-232 CFIO BT-359 SiRF-III GPS ER-6 Earphones TI-83+ iPAQ hx2750 iPAQ hx4705 Axim X50v Palm TX Inspiron 8000 KDA (-built)
    The optimist sees the glass is half full; the pessimist sees the glass is half empty; the engineer sees the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.[/Konrad]

Brighthand Reviewer

Welcome to Brighthand, magician-hump, although this thread is about 4 months old.

Village Idiot 2.0

Y'know, I'm curious.

My understanding is that the only "official" encoder/source of AAC audio is Apple's iTunes site. And part of the (DRM enforced) agreement when you purchase AAC files is that they'll only play on a limited number (5, I think) of "licensed" machines - PCs, iPods, PDAs, whatever. And the only way to "activate" any given machine is to allow iTunes to communicate with the AAC player it runs.

So ... aside from "piracy" activities that would violate the DRM mechanisms ... how exactly would you get a PPC to play AAC audio? Is my thinking of the whole situation wrong?
    Mobile widgets modded iPAQ h2210B modded Axim X51v P3050 Touch/Vogue (TELUS) Satellite A210-MS9 ~39GB flash storage ULT31803 & SUN-300A flash readers Go Wi-Fi! P500 802.11b/g CFIO CFU2 USB1.1 Host CFIO DSCF-100 RS-232 CFIO BT-359 SiRF-III GPS ER-6 Earphones TI-83+ iPAQ hx2750 iPAQ hx4705 Axim X50v Palm TX Inspiron 8000 KDA (-built)
    The optimist sees the glass is half full; the pessimist sees the glass is half empty; the engineer sees the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.[/Konrad]

Brighthand Reviewer

I believe that the TCPMP AAC codec will only play non-DRMed audio.