Problems with Kinoma 4EX and YouTube?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Problems with Kinoma 4EX and YouTube?

I haven't watched YouTube on Kinoma in some time; but this past weekend, I went to use it and it didn't work. It always tells me it may be an invalid file, unsupported format, etc. No matter what I try, so I think it's universal.

I am using version 4.5.5.

I know they are not supporting this product anymore; but I think the forums are still open and will post there as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hal
    itchy and cold feet hal

Default Re: Problems with Kinoma 4EX and YouTube?

I haven't used Kinoma recently. I should re-install it in my 680. AFAIR, all the YouTube videos ran on Kinoma embedded, this is, even without the Kinoma 4EX installation.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda. "Nothing is neither wear-proof, nor fail-proof, least fool-proof." - HAL. "Indeed, fool-proof inventions have been attempted, but don't work, fools are pretty witty ones." - Murphy's Law. "Even worse than a traitor, is a dumb@$$ with initiative." - Gral. Santa Ana
    Link: Palm resets

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

I'll have a look this weekend, when I can use my TX on wifi; I'd expect much the same as you're seeing, though, Varjak

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

as expected, same as you; not only Youtube, either--all streaming video. streaming audio was ok, though
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

Banned

Thanks. I haven't posted on Kinoma's forums yet. Haven't had time, but I'm going to get to it. Maybe, as YT updates, it blocks certain things and Kinoma doesn't update. I know DownloadHelper updates almost every day it seems to access YT. It's a shame, I liked Kinoma.

Life is a circus!

My guess is that the Kinoma library links no longer redirect you to the 3gp version of the videos.

In Blazer, go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and search for the video you want to watch. It'll open in Kinoma and play just fine.
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Banned

I believe there's an update to Kinoma 4EX available (or so the device tells me); but I'm a bit afraid to do it. First, they call it Kinoma Player (they've mixed those terms in the past); and I'm also afraid it might substitute the generic Player for 4EX.

Thanks Jig, I'll give that a try; but at the time I think I tried that and it didn't work.

Banned

Jig, I meant to get back to you on this. Your method of going right to m.youtube works; but it gives you these tiny videos. Maybe I'm remembering this incorrectly, but when I viewed the videos through Kinoma, they were larger (and not the 3gp format if I recall correctly).

Life is a circus!

My memory isn't clear, either.
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

hal
    itchy and cold feet hal

Well, FWIW, I am able to see YT videos, and they do launch under Kinoma Embedded. Now, I can't remember if they always did so, with this Kinoma Embedded, or they started doing so, when I first fully installed Kinoma.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda. "Nothing is neither wear-proof, nor fail-proof, least fool-proof." - HAL. "Indeed, fool-proof inventions have been attempted, but don't work, fools are pretty witty ones." - Murphy's Law. "Even worse than a traitor, is a dumb@$$ with initiative." - Gral. Santa Ana
    Link: Palm resets