Testing pTunes 5.0.1 (again), found some glitches, are they known bugs? - Page 3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Life is a circus!

Default Re: Testing pTunes 5.0.1 (again), found some glitches, are they known bugs?

Any chance it's related to overclocking?
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Brain stuck BogoMipping

Default Re: Testing pTunes 5.0.1 (again), found some glitches, are they known bugs?

That's something I had not considered. Thanks, jig. I keep my TX at 416MHz at all times, except when using CorePlayer (runs at 520MHz). I'll run some tests, at the TX's original 312MHz. But if it was overclocking, why would a soft reset clear the problem?
    raspabalsa
    Palm Vx -> Palm m515 -> Palm Tungsten T1 -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm TX -> Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 + Apple BT Keyboard -> Sony Xperia Z1 + Logitech BT Keyboard

There are just four simple machines to alter force: the lever, the pulley, the inclined plane and, um, the internal combustion engine - Calvin
    Anything with a large enough engine will fly

Life is a circus!

Quote Originally Posted by raspabalsa View Post
    That's something I had not considered. Thanks, jig. I keep my TX at 416MHz at all times, except when using CorePlayer (runs at 520MHz). I'll run some tests, at the TX's original 312MHz. But if it was overclocking, why would a soft reset clear the problem?
    I don't know why a soft reset would clear the problem. If it were caused by overclocking, I'd expect the problem to be constant. Then again, perhaps it's not so much a flaw in pTunes, but a flaw in the TX processor and memory management. I'll be interested in knowing if turning off overclocking resolves the issue. I have my doubts it will, but if it does, I think we'll have a different mystery on our hands.
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Banned

I have NOT noticed that problem; but I don't use MP3's. Because pTunes doesn't support WMA Lossless or FLAC, I play mostly WAV's on pTunes.

Brain stuck BogoMipping

I ran a few more tests today. Couldn't do more, what with work getting in the way and all... anyway, overclocking is definitely not an issue here. I disabled Warpspeed and tested with the TX running at its default 312MHz. The problem still appears. I'm almost sure it's a dbcache thing, plus there may be something about how some of my MP3s are ripped. I have Off Flush to flush dbcache when power button is pressed but only if the dbcache is under 40%. So, I ran cache-intensive apps (CorePlayer, Blazer, games, etc). Then I launched pTunes. The problem appeared again: songs playing at a higher pitch than they should. I paused playback, then I pressed power button, and Off Flush kicked in (meaning cache was under 40%). After that, the TX powered off. I turned it on, resumed playback, and now the songs play at normal pitch. What I haven't done yet is check the dbcache levels at which the pitch changes. I think it's somewhere around 500KB to 800KB, and certainly it is under 1MB, but I'll have to check more.

I have no idea what's different on my MP3s, why on some the pitch changes and not on others. I may rip some again, see if I can find a pattern.
    raspabalsa
    Palm Vx -> Palm m515 -> Palm Tungsten T1 -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm TX -> Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 + Apple BT Keyboard -> Sony Xperia Z1 + Logitech BT Keyboard

There are just four simple machines to alter force: the lever, the pulley, the inclined plane and, um, the internal combustion engine - Calvin
    Anything with a large enough engine will fly

Banned

Well maybe because my Lifedrive handles DBcache differently, it doesn't happen on my device.