Testing pTunes 5.0.1 (again), found some glitches, are they known bugs? - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Older 'n louder w/KB envy

Default Re: Testing pTunes 5.0.1 (again), found some glitches, are they known bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by raspabalsa View Post
    That sounds interesting, Varjak. Is there a way to know if a sale is coming up soon? Half price for the Deluxe version is a no-brainer, I'd jump at it right away.
    my friend, the Last sale was Christmas 2009; it did extend significantly into January2010...

as for knowing when iirc I received notification via their newsletter (emailed); again iirc, anyone can sign up for the newsletter (it goes out every montheor two).

hth, RA
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

Banned

Default Re: Testing pTunes 5.0.1 (again), found some glitches, are they known bugs?

They usually have one around Xmas; but I think they've had Summer sales before. More knowledgeable people than I could probably provide better info. Yes, $10 was a good deal. I thought that $20 for the upgrade was ridiculous, especially since they sell the whole app for iPhones for much less.

I think the app for iPhones is not PocketTunes, but PocketTunes Radio...
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

Hookette's edgy lately

Quote Originally Posted by RickAgresta View Post
    I think the app for iPhones is not PocketTunes, but PocketTunes Radio...
    There really isn't much point in making a version of any music player for Apple.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

Brain stuck BogoMipping

my friend, the Last sale was Christmas 2009; it did extend significantly into January2010...
    Dang! I had no idea. Qould have been a fine birthday present from myself.
    as for knowing when iirc I received notification via their newsletter (emailed); again iirc, anyone can sign up for the newsletter (it goes out every montheor two).
    Thanks, I've signed for the newsletter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varjak View Post
    They usually have one around Xmas; but I think they've had Summer sales before.
    Now that would be nice. Summer is not so far away. Hopefully they will have fixed the bugs by then.
    raspabalsa
    Palm Vx -> Palm m515 -> Palm Tungsten T1 -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm TX -> Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 + Apple BT Keyboard -> Sony Xperia Z1 phone + Logitech BT Keyboard

There are just four simple machines to alter force: the lever, the pulley, the inclined plane and, um, the internal combustion engine - Calvin
    Anything with a large enough engine will fly

an American expression:
    "it ain't over 'til its over" ...

yesterday, in prep for a 2 hour + drive I started a new playlist (on the 755p; biggest battery of my devices); I accidentally triple-tapped a song I wanted to include; when I tapped 'OK' to save those songs & move to another artist, the song I'd triple-tapped was listed 3 times. just now, tried the same actions on TX -- same result. And now, having soft reset TX yesterday, I see your initially described volume misbehavior, using the Volume slider (Cobalt skin, +3db). *sigh*

I'd go back to 3.18, except for some of the newer skins (like Winamp Modern) which are for V. 4 or later.

Brain stuck BogoMipping

You really mean that, going back to version 3.18? What about all the newer features of pTunes, don't you think you'll miss them? The added functionality is what's drawing me to pTunes. But then these bugs can be very annoying, especially when compared to Aeroplayer, which had zero bugs that I know of (haven't seen a single glitch in Aeroplayer in more than 4 years).
    raspabalsa
    Palm Vx -> Palm m515 -> Palm Tungsten T1 -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm TX -> Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 + Apple BT Keyboard -> Sony Xperia Z1 phone + Logitech BT Keyboard

There are just four simple machines to alter force: the lever, the pulley, the inclined plane and, um, the internal combustion engine - Calvin

maybe I'm missing out on the greatest innovations since sliced bread, but frankly, I don't use them:
    Album art? waste of space; even an 8Gb SDHC has its limits
    last.fm & "scrobbling"? I don't use internet radio at home, at work, and certainly not while travelling (not with a TX, nor w/ unactivated Centro or 755p)
    podcasts? see bullet #2

Brain stuck BogoMipping

I'm reviving this thread because I found what I think is another bug with pTunes 5.0.1. I haven't verified it yet, so I won't mention it to the guys at Normsoft until I'm sure it's a real bug.

The problem I'm seeing is that sometimes, when I launch pTunes and start playing, the selected song will be played at a faster speed than it should. Not really fast to sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks, but fast enough to notice a clear change in voice pitch and beat. After repeated tests, I've found two factors:

- This happens only when my TX's dbcache is low. Incidentally, this happens mostly when I launch pTunes after watching a movie with CorePlayer (a big dbcache hogger). After I notice the change in he music, I return to the launcher, run Off Flush and the dbcache will invariably be extremely low (under 10%, sometimes even less). It seems a cache flush will not solve the problem, even if the dbcache's largest chunk increases to a respectable size. I'm not sure about this, though, because I need to test more. The only solution I'm sure of is a soft reset (which will clear the dbcache).

- This does not happen with all my MP3 tracks. All my MP3s have been ripped over the years, using several programs. Bitrates range from 128 kbps to 256kbs. They are all ripped at constant bitrates (I checked the troublesome tracks). What's more, the problem occurs on some tracks of one album, but not on others, even when all the tracks of the album were ripped with the same program and configuration.

Has anyone seen this problem? Any ideas?
    raspabalsa