Copying files to sd card.. PC sd-reader broke.

Closed Thread

Default Copying files to sd card.. PC sd-reader broke.

Hello,

I have a sd card... my reader for it broke. I installed 3X Commander and am able to read the sd card while inserted in my centro. I can even deleted movies that I have watched. Is there any similar way I can copy new movies to the sd card without having to remove the sd card from the phone? I can add the converted movie into palm desktop, but it doesnt play after syncing with my TCMP player.

thoughts?

thanks

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

Default Re: Copying files to sd card.. PC sd-reader broke.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdontholdem View Post
    Hello,

I have a sd card... my reader for it broke. I installed 3X Commander and am able to read the sd card while inserted in my centro. I can even deleted movies that I have watched. Is there any similar way I can copy new movies to the sd card without having to remove the sd card from the phone? I can add the converted movie into palm desktop, but it doesnt play after syncing with my TCMP player.

thoughts?

thanks
    welcome to Brighthand, texasdontholdem

there are 2 good apps that let you use your HotSync cable and device as a card reader.

curiously enough one is called Card Reader, the other is called Card Export. many here like Card Reader better, each has a trial period.
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

card reader works great.... was hoping for freeware though

Absent-Minded Professor

Try PFB. It isn't exactly like a card reader since there is a desktop component and a Palm app, but it does the same thing and it's freeware.
    Pilot 1000, PalmPilot Personal (w/2MB "Palm III" upgrade card), Visor Deluxe, m105, m125, Tungsten E, Tapwave Zodiac 1, unlocked GSM Centro, T-Mobile Dash 3G, T-Mobile Touch Pro 2, Motorola DEFY (T-Mobile), Samsung Galaxy SII (T-Mobile), Archos 80 G9 tablet

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise View Post
    Try PFB. It isn't exactly like a card reader since there is a desktop component and a Palm app, but it does the same thing and it's freeware.
    linky: http://en.pdassi.com/13639
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.