HandBrake Updates to 0.9.4 with Over 1,000 Changes, 64-Bit Support

Closed Thread
    Life is a circus!

Default HandBrake Updates to 0.9.4 with Over 1,000 Changes, 64-Bit Support

This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Banned

Default Re: HandBrake Updates to 0.9.4 with Over 1,000 Changes, 64-Bit Support

Is this for the Windows version or the Mac version?

A while back, someone mentioned that they thought the Windows version ALSO ripped directly from DVD to file (without needing an intermediary program for stripping out copy protection, etc.). I tried to use HB for Windows that way and it didn't work. Anyone know if this version does that?

By the way, as an aside, I had an email exchange with someone from Catalyst, which is program that DOES rip DVD to file straight and was on promotion for $10 I think. It seemed good; but I haven't had a chance to download the trial or play with it; and I don't know if (given the season) I will right now. It does sound very easy and 'one-touch.'

Hookette's edgy lately

As you can see HERE, it is for all platforms. I don't know about ripping as I've never used Handbrake.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

Life is a circus!

Quote Originally Posted by Varjak View Post
    Is this for the Windows version or the Mac version?
    My link in the first post:

Windows/Mac/Linux: If you ever have to rip DVDs to your desktop or convert video, you know how awesome open-source encoder HandBrake is. Well, it's just been updated with over 1,000 changes since the last release, including 64-bit support.
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Brain stuck BogoMipping

Thanks for the heads-up, jig! I hadn't noticed the upgrade. Particularly interesting is the promise that the constant quality feature has been improved to the point that two passes are no longer needed. I'm a bit skeptical about this, so I'm running some tests to see if I can notice any difference.

Another interesting feature is that now soft subtitles can be added (instead of burned or hard coded on the image).
    raspabalsa
    Palm Vx -> Palm m515 -> Palm Tungsten T1 -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm TX -> Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 + Apple BT Keyboard -> Sony Xperia Z1 phone + Logitech BT Keyboard

There are just four simple machines to alter force: the lever, the pulley, the inclined plane and, um, the internal combustion engine - Calvin
    Anything with a large enough engine will fly