How to use RealPlayer on Tungsten E2? - Page 4

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mobile Consultant

Default Re: How to use RealPlayer on Tungsten E2?

I pressed the Reset button on the back, and my E2 re-booted after a couple of seconds. I presume that's a soft reset?

Anyway, after doing that it still doesn't recognise any card when I put in the 2GB SD card.

Thanks for your help, raspabalsa. I've started a new thread to find out if anyone is actually using a 2GB card in the E2 and, if so, how are they doing it.

Brain stuck BogoMipping

Yes, what you describe is a soft reset. I don't think I can help you with this issue, but while you wait for a reply in your new thread I suggest you run a search at 1src. The thread I linked to before has an extensive discussion about FAT32, and the developer himself says that the E2 is supported. You may find some useful info there.

Good luck!
    raspabalsa
    Palm Vx -> Palm m515 -> Palm Tungsten T1 -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm TX -> Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 + Apple BT Keyboard -> Sony Xperia Z1 phone + Logitech BT Keyboard

There are just four simple machines to alter force: the lever, the pulley, the inclined plane and, um, the internal combustion engine - Calvin
    Anything with a large enough engine will fly

Hookette's edgy lately

I believe the upshot from what I read towards the end of that thread is that the TE2 cannot take greater than 1Gb even with the FAT32 driver because of the Spec they used. Dmitry says:

i think the team making [the TE2 slot]was following SD spec 1.0 and not 1.01, 1.0 limits cards to 1GB, spec 1.01 expanded it to 2GB. if they followed the spec 1.0 they will read a 2GB card, and either recognize it at 1B, OR consider it a card with error and refuse to talk to it.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

Mobile Consultant

Sorry, raspabalsa, I couldn't get much comfort from that thread because so much of it was discussing platforms other than the E2, and the posts I saw about the E2 seemed to be reporting that the FAT32 utility wasn't working for them.

I missed that post, Hook. Presumably there's no way to update the software that controls my card slot so that it conforms to 1.01 (or later?) spec.?

Hookette's edgy lately

Quote Originally Posted by abenn View Post
    Sorry, raspabalsa, I couldn't get much comfort from that thread because so much of it was discussing platforms other than the E2, and the posts I saw about the E2 seemed to be reporting that the FAT32 utility wasn't working for them.

I missed that post, Hook. Presumably there's no way to update the software that controls my card slot so that it conforms to 1.01 (or later?) spec.?
    I don't think so. There was some discussion of that in the 1src thread and I think even a couple of attempts to load controller software from another device but, from what I saw they weren't successful. Dmitry sounded pretty dubious of it succeeding.

However, I don't want to give the impression that I'm an expert on this or that I read that thread as carefully as one might.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.