How to use RealPlayer on Tungsten E2? - Page 3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brain stuck BogoMipping

Default Re: How to use RealPlayer on Tungsten E2?

Quote Originally Posted by Varjak View Post
    I thought that the same company that makes the powerSDHC program made a freeware app that let E2's use 2 GB cards
    I was curious about this, so I checked the FAT32 thread at 1src, and you're right, it's compatible with the E2 and will allow it to fully use 2GB cards. You can read about it here

abenn, looks like I was wrong before.The E2 can use 2GB cards if you install the FAT32 driver available here.
    raspabalsa
    Palm Vx -> Palm m515 -> Palm Tungsten T1 -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm TX -> Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 + Apple BT Keyboard -> Sony Xperia Z1 + Logitech BT Keyboard

There are just four simple machines to alter force: the lever, the pulley, the inclined plane and, um, the internal combustion engine - Calvin
    Anything with a large enough engine will fly

Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks for getting back, raspabalsa. That driver site you've linked looks great -- I've already downloaded the FAT32 driver, and it looks like I might now be able to go to a 4GB card.

Brain stuck BogoMipping

Quote Originally Posted by abenn View Post
    Thanks for getting back, raspabalsa. That driver site you've linked looks great -- I've already downloaded the FAT32 driver, and it looks like I might now be able to go to a 4GB card.
    Just to be 100% clear, the FAT32 driver does not allow the E2 to use SDHC cards, only large SD cards. The SD standard allows for a maximum capacity of 2GB. However, some manufacturers released non-standard 4GB SD cards, some of which have been reported as working on Palms that do not support SDHC out of the box, such as the TX. So you would need to search for a 4GB card labeled SD, not SDHC.

Consider also that I'm just repeating stuff that I have read here and elsewhere, and that I have zero experience with the E2 and large cards, so test if possible before purchasing.
    raspabalsa
    Palm Vx -> Palm m515 -> Palm Tungsten T1 -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm TX -> Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 + Apple BT Keyboard -> Sony Xperia Z1 + Logitech BT Keyboard

There are just four simple machines to alter force: the lever, the pulley, the inclined plane and, um, the internal combustion engine - Calvin

Mobile Enthusiast

Yes, I've already sussed the 4GB SDHC thing, so I'll stick with 2GB SD for the moment -- unless I happend to stumble across a 4GB SD. The FAT32 driver is installed, and I've checked it's working by formatting one of my 1GB SD cards as FAT32.

By the way, my SU26 has an OS1.20AX engine, and if flies great ;-))

Brain stuck BogoMipping

Quote Originally Posted by abenn View Post
    By the way, my SU26 has an OS1.20AX engine, and if flies great ;-))
    Heh heh... not surprising, considering the SU26 is such a lean, aerodynamic and beautiful machine. The above quote was aimed at a certain craft that looked like a kitchen range with two spades attached in place of wings, and which would require quite a powerful engine to leave the ground.

Are you into aerobatics?
    raspabalsa

Banned

Great abenn. For some reason I'd thought PowerSDHC was more limited with regard to which devices it worked on; but I'm glad the other applet works for you.

Mobile Enthusiast

It looks like PowerSDHC would work, but I just don't want to spend any money on something which might not work. The free FAT32 program gives my 100% improvement, and maybe 400% if I can find a 4GB SD card, so it's good value.

Raspabalsa, I know what you mean :-) I prefer to fly scale, which means a few aerobatics, but nothing too exciting.

Brain stuck BogoMipping

Scale, eh? For some reason I thought you were flying a real full-sized SU26 (the motor designation was unknown to me). I've done very little scale flying , and the closest I've been to doing aerobatics was when the 767 I was seated on hit turbulence crossing the Andes range and nearly flipped over
    raspabalsa

Mobile Enthusiast

Default Big disappointment ...

I just got myself a 2GB SD card, quick formatted it FAT32 in my PC, and loaded a few music files onto it. As I said earlier, the FAT32 utility appears to have loaded correctly onto my Palm (when I click on its icon it gives an error message "FAT32 already installed"), but my Palm does not recognise my 2GB card. It reports "No card inserted" when I click on the Card Info icon. I've double-checked, and it still reads my 1GB cards okay.

Brain stuck BogoMipping

Just to be sure: did you soft reset the E2 after installing the FAT32 driver?
    raspabalsa