Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Banned

Default Re: HandBrake and Palm thread

So now MP4's ARE better? (JOKING).

Mobile Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FireNWater View Post
    Many DVDs now bundle with a Ipod playable version which saves having to convert for a PMP but they are in H.264, not Xvid/Avis that can run on our Tx/TCPMPs.
    But TCPMP can play H.264, that's the whole point of this exercise. I don't understand what you mean above.

Sorry, my bad. The bundled pmp versions are in WMP or Itunes. Neither showed a AVC option like I expected (unpleasantly surprised) and neither would play on TCPMP for TX so I was miffed. It would tell me that jpg is not recognized. What that has to do with it, I don't know but I will not be paying extra for a bundled DVD anymore. Shortcut is to go find someone else's work on youtube (YT) and DL to the TX instead.

This whole exercise has been challenging but worth it. Did you see the newbie posters about to start the cycle anew?

just glad to be able to play .mp4(AVC) FINALLY on the TX in TCPMP.
    fyi, in YT, HQ 18 is the TX friendly size. HQ35 would be for desk size.
    cheers all
    LTS: life's too short.
    Palms: very old freebie, V, E2, T/X

Banned

Updates.

1. There is a new version of HB

2. Has anyone done anything more with experimenting with included 'digital files' with DVD's? I tried one (it came with Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist); but it wouldn't work. It actually looked like a Quicktime file.

3. Anyone confirm whether the newer versions of HB rip directly from DVD's? I'm about to upgrade my HB to the newest version AND try a direct conversion of the new Star Trek movie.

Banned

It seems that the latest Windows version does NOT also decrypt. I tried to convert a copy of my new Star Trek DVD for my LifeDrive; but DVD Decrypter could not seem to break the DVD's encryption. It just kept 'scanning.' Anyone try a recent DVD? Thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789