HandBrake and Palm thread - Page 7

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: HandBrake and Palm thread

I upgraded to 0.9.3. Unfortunately, I won't really have time to play with it until I can solve my pTunes issues.

Banned

Okay, I lied. I'm encoding my reference sample now. I used the basic iPhone Legacy setup and changed as little as possible. I moved the bitrate DOWN to 480. I chose 480 as my width but did not select a height (doesn't seem to be required, but MAY be specified if anamorphic is off). I did NOT select any anamorphic setting. I left the string in the advanced options as is for the iPhone AVC setting. Otherwise, I used the H.264 codec for an MP4 container file. I think I might have messed up the audio setup though. In the past, I used the AC3 stereo if possible, because it gives the best results for me (loud, crisp, clear). The AAC with HB mix resulted in a muddier, lower sound level. For some reason, AAC+AC3 no longer seems like an option (too bad, since it was the best option). The default for 0.9.3 suggested AAC with Dolby Pro Logic II. I don't think that's right.

As I was doing this, I thought of something that may have helped your experiments. By using the relatively small dimensions of 480x208 (most of my encodings have been 480x272 or 480x256, which match the normal display aspect ratios of most programming); you cut out a lot of data per frame, which adds up quickly.

Banned

One other thing. It's VERY helpful if you save your activity logs. I forget if this can be done automatically, but you can simply copy the info from the activity window and save it to a Word file or such. That way, we can each keep track of what works and what doesn't.

Banned

As it processes, I can tell that AVC is much slower. It goes at about 1/2 the rate of the ffmpeg/MPEG4 codec. The first pass took 8 minutes for my 9 minute video and the second is projected at ~20 minutes, although it usually ends up lower than the estimate.

Brain stuck BogoMipping

Quote Originally Posted by Varjak View Post
    Raspy, your 2 posts above lead me to conclude that the issue with playback is more a result of the anamorphic mode than the difference in devices.
    Actually, no. When I tested T5 vs TX I used videos that had been encoded without the anamorphic option (selecting "None" in Anamorphic). I started playing with the anamorphic option later, after finishing the T5 vs TX tests.
    Also, is it possible that in your friend's case, the two TCPMP's were not set up the same way (options, etc.; not installed plugins).
    Again, no. After the initial surprise of having such lousy playback on the T5 I made sure our TCPMP and CorePlayer were set in exactly the same way. All plugins installed on both devices, and of the same versions too.

Also remember that in his T5 CorePlayer performed better than TCPMP, while in my TX it was the opposite.
    The reason different devices might behave differently is more than clock speed. I was told, for example, that the drivers are different between the TX and the LD with respect to Softick Audio Gateway. I noticed there was a footnote that sometimes the LD exhibited 'skipping' with SAG, while the TX is unaffected. I emailed them, surprised that two devices, so similar, would behave differently (assuming an SD card as the source for both). They told me they use different drivers. The T5 may be similar. I don't know what version of the OS the T5 uses; but maybe that affects the result as well.
    Yes, I think that's also part of the problem. But as you say, it's surprising that similar devices will perform so differently.
    I'm a bit surprised that anamorphic would make that difference. The way I understand it; the anamorphic setting should be a shortcut of sorts; but maybe the calculations of formatting it into the appropriate dimensions is too intensive.
    I don't know why anamorphic produces causes such performance hit, but it's so severe I don't think I'll use this option for the bulk of my videos. Even when lowering H.264 bitrate to 600 kbps I can't get sustained 24 fps frame rate. At most the TX can play at 20 fps, and at this frame rate I don't find palyback satistactory.
    What were the differences in dimensions between the two trials you did (anamorphic v. not anamorphic)? Do you get a properly formatted 'widescreen' picture?
    No apparent difference at all. Both videos were properly formatted, but I didn't actually measure them to make sure. I may try this later, but I think they're the same because there is no apparent distortion.
    I'm not that anal that I need the result to be perfect; but I'd prefer to have the entire film image and 'fit it' to the horizontal dimension of 480. That only makes sense to me. The anamorphic section at HB confused me to be honest and when I tried to ask a question about it, I got shelled. I tried to find out if I could just encode the 'base' image; but that got me into a lot of trouble.
    Yes, I can't make sense of HB's guide when it comes to anamorphic. I think I'll just keep anamorphic disabled, adjust video width to 480, and let HB handle the height. Doing so has produced very good results on both my TX and my computer.
    The things you quote from HB weren't posted a year ago when I started with this. Obviously, they've upgraded this stuff a lot. They did not label the MPEG4 codec as ffmpeg (which evidently it is). I thought I remembered reading that XviD was inferior, which is why I went with MPEG4. It yields the best result for me by far.
    Not meaning to go into a discussion about FFMPEG vs XviD, but I have read the exact opposite: that XviD yields better quality than FFMPEG. This is why until now Iv'e encoded all my videos with XviD.
    I'm not going to mess with overclocking. I know people here tend to add stuff and it all works swimmingly. I add a heavily vetted app and my whole LD goes to shyte.
    I guess most of the LD's problems are because of the HDD and the fact that the "RAM" (the storage memory to be more accurate) is actually a partition of said drive. I can't talk fom experience since I've never used a LD.
    I've read that TCPMP has buffering options, etc. that might make a difference. I wouldn't mind if I had to let the device buffer some before watching if it helped.
    Actually TCPMP does not have buffering options, at least the last version (0.72 RC1) which I use. CorePlayer does have these options, but I'm not sure what the best settings are. I've noticed that opening a video on CP takes some time, presumably while CP is buffering data. Opening an H.264 video seems to take more time than an AVI of equal bitrate and size, but I haven't measured these times to be sure.
    Okay, I lied. I'm encoding my reference sample now. I used the basic iPhone Legacy setup and changed as little as possible. I moved the bitrate DOWN to 480. I chose 480 as my width but did not select a height (doesn't seem to be required, but MAY be specified if anamorphic is off). I did NOT select any anamorphic setting. I left the string in the advanced options as is for the iPhone AVC setting. Otherwise, I used the H.264 codec for an MP4 container file. I think I might have messed up the audio setup though. In the past, I used the AC3 stereo if possible, because it gives the best results for me (loud, crisp, clear). The AAC with HB mix resulted in a muddier, lower sound level. For some reason, AAC+AC3 no longer seems like an option (too bad, since it was the best option). The default for 0.9.3 suggested AAC with Dolby Pro Logic II. I don't think that's right.
    I have played little with audio settings so far. I did encode a couple of MP4s with AC3 but couldn't get audio on CorePlayer. In fact, CP reported no audio stream in the files's properties. I didn't feel like pursuing an explanation, so I began encoding only with AAC and so far I like the results, although I guess at some point I may start testing various sound codecs and settings.
    As I was doing this, I thought of something that may have helped your experiments. By using the relatively small dimensions of 480x208 (most of my encodings have been 480x272 or 480x256, which match the normal display aspect ratios of most programming); you cut out a lot of data per frame, which adds up quickly.
    This does help, for the reason you mention. But I don't think its that much of a difference. Remember that the extra pixels are only black bands, with little in the way of changes. H.264 with B-frames should take care of that quite nicely.
    One other thing. It's VERY helpful if you save your activity logs. I forget if this can be done automatically, but you can simply copy the info from the activity window and save it to a Word file or such. That way, we can each keep track of what works and what doesn't.
    Ah, that's a good idea, and one I had not thought about. I will start saving my encoding logs. Thanks!
    As it processes, I can tell that AVC is much slower. It goes at about 1/2 the rate of the ffmpeg/MPEG4 codec. The first pass took 8 minutes for my 9 minute video and the second is projected at ~20 minutes, although it usually ends up lower than the estimate.
    Yes, I've had similar time results. Very slow encoding, much slower than XviD. What's more, enabling the filters (interlacing, decombing, etc) slows down the process much more. For example, encoding the full Alexander movie (almost three hours of actual length) takes about 6 to 7 hours. But if I enable the Decomb filter the time more than doubles. Just the first pass took over 6 hours (with turbo first pass enabled), and then I decided to cancel the encoding because I needed to use the computer.

I've read a lot of good things about the Decomb filter, and how it's best to leave it enabled always, but if the cost is such a slow encoding speed I won't use it often, if at all. This brings back a question I asked earlier: how to identify if a video needs decombing (or de-interlacing) a priori? Or would it be best (in terms of time) to simply encode it without these filters, then evaluate the result and re-encode with filters again if needed?
    raspabalsa
    Palm Vx -> Palm m515 -> Palm Tungsten T1 -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm TX -> Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 + Apple BT Keyboard -> Sony Xperia Z1 phone + Logitech BT Keyboard

There are just four simple machines to alter force: the lever, the pulley, the inclined plane and, um, the internal combustion engine - Calvin
    Anything with a large enough engine will fly

Brain stuck BogoMipping

Plus, as has been discussed on multimedia threads, as the file gets longer, the device is likely to fall further behind in processing, so you may not have a solution anyway. For me it makes more sense to have a bigger file and ease the work level on my LD. I can probably cut my bitrate in half or so and still get a good result (and a smaller file).
    I just finished my first full movie run test. I encoded the whole movie Alexander with H.264 @ 600 kbps and AAC @ 128 kbps. I did not use the anamorphic options, because at this point it's clear that my TX can't cope with the extra strain caused by these options, even when overclocked. Video frame size is 480 x 208. Frame rate is 24 fps. The file weighs 924MB.

I played the whole movie (2h 48min) on a single uninterrupted run on CorePlayer with my TX overclocked to 520MHz. Playback was very good throughout the whole movie. Audio perfectly synced. Never did the TX fall behind. The video quality is excellent, much, much better than XviD at the same bitrate. Total played frames were 241512. Total dropped frames 144, which is 0.06% of the total.

I think this test qualifies as "having a solution"

I'm not sure I'll repeat this test at higher bitrates. 600 kbps looks so good even on my computer that I think higher bitrates are overkill. I do have a full encoded movie at 800 kbps, both with anamorphic on and off. I may run the test of the non-anamorphic version, but maybe a few days from now. I'm getting sick and tired of "Alexander"... I've watched it too many times this last week

A test I may do is compare lower H.264 bitrates against high bitrate XviD samples, see at what bitrate H.264 yields a similar quality. However, I'm, not sure of the usefulness of this test. I'm perfectly comfortable with the high bitrate and large file size I'm using, and I'm not constrained by storage capacity or processing power (except when using anamorphic), so I don't need small file sizes and especially I don't want to sacrifice quality for storage.
    raspabalsa
    Palm Vx -> Palm m515 -> Palm Tungsten T1 -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm TX -> Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 + Apple BT Keyboard -> Sony Xperia Z1 phone + Logitech BT Keyboard

There are just four simple machines to alter force: the lever, the pulley, the inclined plane and, um, the internal combustion engine - Calvin

Banned

Raspy, I MEANT that the LACK of anamorphic made the difference between MY results and YOUR results, not between your TX and the T5.

Also, what settings work for the TX might not be optimal for the T5. That's not really important anyway.

You're wrong about the difference in pixels being the 'bands.' The whole point is that if my VIDEO is 480x272, that's the ACTIVE video window. It means the black bands are NARROWER! On any given frame, a 480x272 picture is 130,560 pixels and a 480x208 is 99,840. That's a 31% difference PER FRAME! The extra motion,etc. needs to be encoded; while the bars are most likely static and easily compressed, if they are even individually coded.

You say in one part that you didn't measure the dimensions; but you always cite 480x208 as your aspect ratio. How do you know? Since you say you set 480 as the width and let HB set the height, I'm curious how to find out what the result is.

In your most recent posts, you say the bitrate was 600. Did you encode these differently (setting a hard bitrate instead of shooting for a file size)? Do you use constant quality?

It would be very helpful if you posted ALL your actual, specific settings as they appear on the HB control panel. That way I could do an actual comparison. The way you do it, changing more than one thing at a time, makes it difficult to see what each setting actually affects.

I'm surprised you played Alexander on CorePlayer, since you said TCPMP actually outperforms it.

Brain stuck BogoMipping

Raspy, I MEANT that the LACK of anamorphic made the difference between MY results and YOUR results, not between your TX and the T5.
    Ah, well I mis-understood what you said. Anyway, I'll wait for the results of your encodings with 0.9.3.
    Also, what settings work for the TX might not be optimal for the T5. That's not really important anyway.
    I don't think the optimal settings are that different for these two models. Same screen, same processor, similar hardware, same clock (in my tests with TX overclocked).
    You're wrong about the difference in pixels being the 'bands.' The whole point is that if my VIDEO is 480x272, that's the ACTIVE video window. It means the black bands are NARROWER! On any given frame, a 480x272 picture is 130,560 pixels and a 480x208 is 99,840. That's a 31% difference PER FRAME! The extra motion,etc. needs to be encoded; while the bars are most likely static and easily compressed, if they are even individually coded.
    Ok, I was thinking about my movie's aspect ratio, and somehow I thought that you were using the same ratio. I sometimes encode, say, a 480x208 movie to a 480x272 frame size, so the bands appear. I was thinking that you were using a video with same frame size and were doing a similar thing. Sorry fo the confusion.

I didn't pay attention to the black bands until very recently, so I don't know how much they affect a movie's file size and performance.
    You say in one part that you didn't measure the dimensions; but you always cite 480x208 as your aspect ratio. How do you know? Since you say you set 480 as the width and let HB set the height, I'm curious how to find out what the result is.
    What I've been doing is defining width at 480 pixels, and leaving the height box empty, so HB can calculate it. This particular movie ends up having a height of 208 pixels (as reported by any player). I'm only citing this aspect (480 x 208) because so far I've only encoded one movie (Alexander).

When I say "I didn't measure" I meant that I didn't measure the width and height of the image on the screen in milimeters to compare if there were differences between the anamorphic and the non-anamorphic videos.
    In your most recent posts, you say the bitrate was 600. Did you encode these differently (setting a hard bitrate instead of shooting for a file size)? Do you use constant quality?
    Yes, I now am settinga a defined bitrate. I've been playing with several bitrates, between 200 kbps and 900 kbps to compare quality. I'm no longer using fixed file size. In any case, it's easy to calculate file size based on video and audio bitrates, so I prefer to select th bitrates and estimate the file size.

I'm not using constant quality. I believe that one of the strongest points of two-pass encoding is to measure bitrate requirements during the first pass, and set a variable bitrate for the final file accordingly. I think selecting constant quality would defeat that, unless I'm mistaken about how this option works.
    It would be very helpful if you posted ALL your actual, specific settings as they appear on the HB control panel. That way I could do an actual comparison. The way you do it, changing more than one thing at a time, makes it difficult to see what each setting actually affects.
    Yes, I should do that. Let me write down all the settings and report them later.
    I'm surprised you played Alexander on CorePlayer, since you said TCPMP actually outperforms it.
    Well, there are several reasons for doing this. CorePlayer has a more refined GUI. I don't mean the eye-candy, but the menu and tool layout. It's much easier to modify settings on CP. For example, if you want to modify colors in TCPMP you go to preferences -> video. But the settings windows occupies the whole screen. You have to adjust controls, go back to the movie, if not satsified go again to prefs, adjust, etc. On CorePlayer, you can call up the color controls right from the main window, and then the controls appear as a panel at the bottom of the screen, while the movie continues to play at the top. This is a most useful and nice feature. Several other tools have been improved as well.

Another CP feature that I'm exploring is the buffer. I think that this may make CP perform as well as TCPMP if properly set. But I have no guidelines or manual. I've been playing with the buffer settings but I haven't found the ideal spot.

Also, even though TPMP outperforms CP, playback on CP is perfectly adequate at the bitrates I'm using, so I may play on either player.

There are many other adavantages of CP. Multiple audio streams, for example. This is not supported by TCPMP, which will only see the first audio stream in the file, and ignore any other.

Last but not least, TCPMP is free, whereas CorePlayer cost me (and it wasn't cheap either). I like to see my money put to good use
    raspabalsa

Banned

Okay, although I converted this yesterday, I didn't put it on my LD until today. Obviously, the anamorphic setting is extremely demanding; because my 9 minute video played fine without anamorphic. I'll post the whole log below; but basically, as I think I stated above, I used the 'Legacy iPhone setting,; but moved the bitrate down to 480, no anamorphic, set the width to 480, left the height blank, no constant quality, left the advanced string as is in the 'advanced' setting, used AAC at the top quality with the Dolby 2 mix (I don't know how this got set, because when I called HB up later, it defaulted to something else), and no filters.

The result wasn't really as good as my MPEG4 version. There were slight vertical bars to the left and right (so the picture wasn't quite as big). There seemed to be more pixelation, and the pixels seemed to be bigger. The resolution and color did not seem to be as good and there was DEFINITELY more artifacting. To be fair, I did it at a bitrate of 480, so there could be some improvement there. According to the media info, the dimensions were 480x288! and 29.97 fps, with no frames dropped. The log indicates there was some cropping, but I didn't configure that.

I'd love to find out more about the anamorphic settings (what they actually do, etc.); but unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to get any help with this on the HB forum. That's what got me screwed up there in the first place.

Here's the log:

### CLI Query: -i "D:\VIDEO_TS" -t 2 -c 1 -o "C:\Program Files\palmOne\HandBrake conversions\Rendezvous AVC2.mp4" -f mp4 -X 480 -e x264 -b 480 -2 -T -a 1 -E faac -B 128 -R 48 -6 dpl2 -D 1 --markers="C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Local Settings\Temp\VIDEO_TS-2-chapters.csv" -x level=30:cabac=0:ref=1:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1 -v
    #########################################
    [18:40:10] hb_init: checking cpu count
    [18:40:10] hb_init: starting libhb thread
    HandBrake 0.9.3 (2008112300) - http://handbrake.fr/
    1 CPU detected
    Opening D:\VIDEO_TS...
    [18:40:10] hb_scan: path=D:\VIDEO_TS, title_index=2
    [18:40:10] scan: trying to open with libdvdread
    [18:40:10] scan: DVD has 12 title(s)
    [18:40:10] scan: scanning title 2
    [18:40:10] scan: opening IFO for VTS 2
    [18:40:10] pgc_id: 1, pgn: 1: pgc: 0x1584050
    [18:40:10] scan: vts=2, ttn=1, cells=0->0, blocks=0->270342, 270343 blocks
    [18:40:10] scan: duration is 00:08:39 (519133 ms)
    [18:40:10] scan: checking audio 1
    [18:40:10] scan: id=80bd, lang=Unknown (AC3), 3cc=und ext=0
    [18:40:10] scan: checking audio 2
    [18:40:10] scan: id=81bd, lang=Unknown (AC3), 3cc=und ext=0
    [18:40:10] scan: checking audio 3
    [18:40:10] scan: id=82bd, lang=Unknown (AC3), 3cc=und ext=0
    [18:40:10] scan: title 2 has 1 chapters
    [18:40:10] scan: chap 1 c=0->0, b=0->270342 (270343), 519132 ms
    [18:40:10] scan: aspect = 0
    [18:40:10] scan: decoding previews for title 2
    [18:40:10] scan: audio 0x80bd: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=224000 Unknown (AC3) (2.0 ch)
    [18:40:10] scan: audio 0x81bd: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=448000 Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch)
    [18:40:10] scan: audio 0x82bd: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=224000 Unknown (AC3) (Dolby Surround)
    Scanning title 2...
    Scanning title 2...
    [18:40:10] scan: 10 previews, 720x480, 29.970 fps, autocrop = 50/50/0/0, aspect 4:3, PAR 8:9
    [18:40:10] scan: title (0) job->width:640, job->height:384
    [18:40:11] libhb: scan thread found 1 valid title(s)
    + title 2:
    + vts 2, ttn 1, cells 0->0 (270343 blocks)
    + duration: 00:08:39
    + size: 720x480, aspect: 1.33, 29.970 fps
    + autocrop: 50/50/0/0
    + chapters:
    + 1: cells 0->0, 270343 blocks, duration 00:08:39
    + audio tracks:
    + 1, Unknown (AC3) (2.0 ch), 48000Hz, 224000bps
    + 2, Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch), 48000Hz, 448000bps
    + 3, Unknown (AC3) (Dolby Surround), 48000Hz, 224000bps
    + subtitle tracks:
    Reading chapter markers from file C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Local Settings\Temp\VIDEO_TS-2-chapters.csv
    Modified x264 options for pass 1 to append turbo options: level=30:cabac=0:ref=1:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1:ref=1:subme=1:me=dia:analyse=none:trellis=0:no-fast-pskip=0:8x8dct=0:weightb=0
    [18:40:11] 2 job(s) to process
    [18:40:11] starting job
    [18:40:11] Width out of bounds, scaling down to 480
    [18:40:11] New dimensions 480 * 288
    [18:40:11] work: sanitizing track 0 mixdown Dolby Pro Logic II to Stereo
    [18:40:11] job configuration:
    [18:40:11] * source
    [18:40:11] + D:\VIDEO_TS
    [18:40:11] + title 2, chapter(s) 1 to 1
    [18:40:11] * destination
    [18:40:11] + C:\Program Files\palmOne\HandBrake conversions\Rendezvous AVC2.mp4
    [18:40:11] + container: MPEG-4 (.mp4 and .m4v)
    [18:40:11] + chapter markers
    [18:40:11] * video track
    [18:40:11] + decoder: mpeg2
    [18:40:11] + bitrate 7500 kbps
    [18:40:11] + frame rate: same as source (around 29.970 fps)
    [18:40:11] + dimensions: 720 * 480 -> 480 * 288, crop 50/50/0/0
    [18:40:11] + encoder: x264
    [18:40:11] + options: level=30:cabac=0:ref=1:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1:ref=1:subme=1:me=dia:analyse=none:trellis=0:no-fast-pskip=0:8x8dct=0:weightb=0
    [18:40:11] + bitrate: 480 kbps, pass: 1
    [18:40:11] * audio track 0
    [18:40:11] + decoder: Unknown (AC3) (2.0 ch) (track 1, id 80bd)
    [18:40:11] + bitrate: 224 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
    [18:40:11] + mixdown: Stereo
    [18:40:11] + encoder: faac
    [18:40:11] + bitrate: 128 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
    [18:40:11] reader: first SCR 1265
    [18:40:11] encx264: keyint-min: 30, keyint-max: 300
    x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2 Cache64
    x264 [info]: profile Baseline, level 3.0
    No accelerated IMDCT transform found
    [18:40:11] sync: expecting 15588 video frames
    [18:40:14] mpeg2: "Chapter 1" (1) at frame 0 time 3003
    [18:40:14] sync: first pts is 3003
    [18:53:26] reader: done. 0 scr changes
    [18:53:26] sync: got 15571 frames, 15588 expected
    [18:53:26] work: average encoding speed for job is 19.642456 fps
    [18:53:26] mpeg2 done: 15572 frames
    [18:53:26] render: lost time: 0 (0 frames)
    [18:53:26] render: gained time: 0 (0 frames) (0 not accounted for)
    x264 [info]: slice I:52 Avg QP:21.57 size: 7125 PSNR Mean Y:43.16 U:49.05 V:48.54 Avg:44.14 Global:43.55
    x264 [info]: slice P:15519 Avg QP:24.56 size: 1966 PSNR Mean Y:40.41 U:47.99 V:47.40 Avg:41.60 Global:40.94
    x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 52.5% 0.0% 47.5%
    x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 23.2% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 45.3% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:31.6%
    x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 27.36
    x264 [info]: SSIM Mean Y:0.9608208
    x264 [info]: PSNR Mean Y:40.414 U:47.997 V:47.399 Avg:41.610 Global:40.947 kb/s:475.51
    [18:53:27] starting job
    [18:53:27] Width out of bounds, scaling down to 480
    [18:53:27] New dimensions 480 * 288
    [18:53:27] work: sanitizing track 0 mixdown Dolby Pro Logic II to Stereo
    [18:53:27] job configuration:
    [18:53:27] * source
    [18:53:27] + D:\VIDEO_TS
    [18:53:27] + title 2, chapter(s) 1 to 1
    [18:53:27] * destination
    [18:53:27] + C:\Program Files\palmOne\HandBrake conversions\Rendezvous AVC2.mp4
    [18:53:27] + container: MPEG-4 (.mp4 and .m4v)
    [18:53:27] + chapter markers
    [18:53:27] * video track
    [18:53:27] + decoder: mpeg2
    [18:53:27] + bitrate 7500 kbps
    [18:53:27] + frame rate: same as source (around 29.970 fps)
    [18:53:27] + dimensions: 720 * 480 -> 480 * 288, crop 50/50/0/0
    [18:53:27] + encoder: x264
    [18:53:27] + options: level=30:cabac=0:ref=1:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1
    [18:53:27] + bitrate: 480 kbps, pass: 2
    [18:53:27] * audio track 0
    [18:53:27] + decoder: Unknown (AC3) (2.0 ch) (track 1, id 80bd)
    [18:53:27] + bitrate: 224 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
    [18:53:27] + mixdown: Stereo
    [18:53:27] + encoder: faac
    [18:53:27] + bitrate: 128 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
    [18:53:27] encx264: keyint-min: 30, keyint-max: 300
    x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2 Cache64
    [18:53:27] reader: first SCR 1265
    [18:53:27] mpeg2: "Chapter 1" (1) at frame 0 time 3003
    x264 [info]: profile Baseline, level 3.0
    No accelerated IMDCT transform found
    [18:53:31] sync: expecting 15588 video frames
    [18:53:31] sync: first pts is 3003
    [19:18:50] sync: got 15571 frames, 15588 expected
    [19:18:50] work: average encoding speed for job is 0.000000 fps
    [19:18:50] reader: done. 0 scr changes
    [19:18:52] mpeg2 done: 15572 frames
    [19:18:52] render: lost time: 0 (0 frames)
    [19:18:52] render: gained time: 0 (0 frames) (0 not accounted for)
    x264 [info]: slice I:52 Avg QP:21.72 size: 7201 PSNR Mean Y:43.12 U:49.58 V:49.12 Avg:44.19 Global:43.65
    x264 [info]: slice P:15519 Avg QP:24.51 size: 1983 PSNR Mean Y:40.73 U:48.48 V:47.94 Avg:41.95 Global:41.47
    x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 33.1% 0.0% 66.9%
    x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 3.7% 0.0% 2.1% P16..4: 59.8% 15.7% 3.5% 0.1% 0.1% skip:15.1%
    x264 [info]: SSIM Mean Y:0.9628950
    x264 [info]: PSNR Mean Y:40.740 U:48.481 V:47.945 Avg:41.955 Global:41.476 kb/s:479.52
    [19:18:52] libhb: work result = 0
    Rip done!

############ End of Log ##############
    Last edited by Varjak; 08-04-2009 at 11:07 PM.

Banned

One other thing, perhaps v. 0.9.3 IS superior.