Palm m125 recharge batteries: a critical question - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mobile Evangelist

Default Re: Palm m125 recharge batteries: a critical question

Keep an extra set charged with you. You can purchase the little plastic cases for them also.

Mobile Consultant

A week or two weeks for my energizer recharge Nihm batteries for my handspring Visors. Palm usually has cheap capacitors that will fail causing data loss immediately when changing batteries (Sony doesn't nave a good track record either.

I saw some Li-ion AAA batteries but they are expensive and we don't have anyone advocating the non rechargeable ones yet.

Quote Originally Posted by philpalm View Post
    A week or two weeks for my energizer recharge Nihm batteries for my handspring Visors. Palm usually has cheap capacitors that will fail causing data loss immediately when changing batteries (Sony doesn't nave a good track record either.

I saw some Li-ion AAA batteries but they are expensive and we don't have anyone advocating the non rechargeable ones yet.
    No problem for me, i use usually an mmc 64Mb card and i make backups into it with BBVFSFREE backup software. There are not problem when i make exchanging batteries.

An "Olde Moderator" #2

Quote Originally Posted by zemir View Post
    Ok, thanks, but i see that most ebay users say it works and they leave positive feedback. I think they are not all crazy..........I do not know........
    In regards to the m125, the are not knowledgeable.

Yes the m125 implements the universal connector and the same cradle will allow the cradle to HOTSYNC the m125, but since the m125 is built to function with REPLACEABLE batteries, the internal charge circuits are not included.

The m130 (the color version of the m125) was made with the rechargeable LiIon battery, and used the same cradle, but was supplied with the charger. Also, the m500, 50 m515, TC, TT, TT2, TT3 and i705 were all made with the universal connector and all had rechargeable Li Ion batteries.

I do not have a m125, but do have a IIIxe and use with AAA alkaline, and can use for better than month per set. This has a larger screen and same memory as the m125, so would expect the m125 to receive longer service life from a like set of cells.

Do you have the problem with memory loss, while changing batteries?

The m100 and m105 models did suffer this issue and it is very possible the m125 inherited the same vintage backup capacitor as well. There was a class action suit against Palm for the m100 and m105, with settlement being free repairs, my daughter took advantage and her m100 was repaired and to this day it works as intended. that is why I was curious about teh m125 having the same issue.

All the best and enjoy your m125's function.
    Welcome to Brighthand
    The Three Rs of Life - Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for your own actions.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates....it's more like a jar of jalapenos.What you do today might burn your backside tomorrow!"

Quote Originally Posted by BAB2000 View Post
    Yes the m125 implements the universal connector and the same cradle will allow the cradle to HOTSYNC the m125, but since the m125 is built to function with REPLACEABLE batteries, the internal charge circuits are not included.

The m130 (the color version of the m125) was made with the rechargeable LiIon battery, and used the same cradle, but was supplied with the charger. Also, the m500, 50 m515, TC, TT, TT2, TT3 and i705 were all made with the universal connector and all had rechargeable Li Ion batteries.
    Ok, now i am sure about this........

I do not have a m125, but do have a IIIxe and use with AAA alkaline, and can use for better than month per set. This has a larger screen and same memory as the m125, so would expect the m125 to receive longer service life from a like set of cells.
    I think this depends by other factors and not by screen size, i use very often my palm and 1 or 2 weeks are not sufficient. However i think m125 is more nice........

Do you have the problem with memory loss, while changing batteries?

The m100 and m105 models did suffer this issue and it is very possible the m125 inherited the same vintage backup capacitor as well. There was a class action suit against Palm for the m100 and m105, with settlement being free repairs, my daughter took advantage and her m100 was repaired and to this day it works as intended. that is why I was curious about teh m125 having the same issue.
    As well as i wrote, it is not problem for me. I use one 64Mb mmc card always inserted on my pda and i often make backups so, when batteries are dead, i can replace them without problems and i can restore previous settings in few seconds. However, if i wait more of one minute, the settings cancel themselves and it returned by factory defaults. Only the clock remain good but in 2 or 3 minutes also it return at the factory settings!

All the best and enjoy your m125's function.
    Thanks!