Infamous m105 issues!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Infamous m105 issues!

Hello!
    I've been a visitor to your site for over a year now. I never registered or posted anything because I've always found answers to my problems in your forums. However, now I have an issue I didn't find an answer for ,so I have joined the league of frustrated m105 owners. I recently had the problem that my hotsync wouldn't, so, in reading I found that maybe updating my version might help. That it did! After updating my handheld to v3.51 and then doing a hotsync and all is well again! So thank you so much for all your great insight and help.
    Now I have discovered 3 applications on my desktop that are not on my handheld and I don't know how to get them on there. I've hotsynced and even added info to the Expense application to see if then my unit would detect it, but nothing. So if anyone knows how I can get at least the Expense application on to my handheld I would really appreciate it. Of course I would also like to have the Photos and Voice Memo on there but I can live without them, but I reeeally need the expenses on there. Also I don't know if I need to update to a higher version or not? Thanks again I think you guys are awesome!

Palm Pilot

Default Re: Infamous m105 issues!

The apps you mentioned only come on more modern Palms. There is no way I know of to put them on your M105. They live in ROM, and there is no flash ROM on that model.
    Regards,

Stan

M105->Zire->Zire71->T3 > Lifedrive + N800 > EeePC + Samsung Captivate + Asus Transformer Prime + SGS3

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B. Franklin

Super Moderator

You won't find the file on here, but if you do a google search on expense.prc, I'm sure you might find something. I've no idea if it will work or not.
    Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II - Rooted Stock ROM Paired with Pebble Smartwatch
    Retired Device: HTC EVO Shift 4G - (Rooted) JellyBelly ROM 4.1.2
    Tablet: Kindle Fire

Thanks for the info!

Your Super Moderator
    Atlanta, GA USA Devices: Misc Palm & iProducts

And Welcome to Brighthand, iamor.
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

Brighthand Forums - The Best Advice At Any Price

m130, Zire 71, Tungsten E, Palm TX, Eee PC, Aspire One, iPod Touch 2G, iPhone 3Gs, iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Mini-R

Professional Loiterer

See if the folder on your hard drive containing the files for your copy of Palm Desktop has a file called expense.prc in it.
    I am a proud member of PASTA: People Against STupid Acronyms.

After a nuclear meltdown, there will be two things left: Twinkies and cockroaches!

Sony Clie PEG-SJ20, Palm m500, Palm Vx, Palm Zire m150 (x2)
    R.I.P. TRGpro and Palm VII

Still a moderator ...

Hello iamor, welcome to BrightHand

Alternatively, checkout www.freewarepalm.com, it has quite a few expense replacement applications
    Digital since 1980, handheld since 2001
    M105 (retired but still working), T|E (sold)
    T3 + ADAPT BT GPS + Viamichelin 3.2 + Palm WiFi card
    Treo 500v with WM6.1 and Treo 680 in the drawer
    Desire S - rooted -Virtuous Quattro beta 5 - Ice Cream Sandwich
    Acer Iconia A500 Tablet - rooted - Thor A500 ROM v14.2 - Honeycomb 3.2.1

Having a rather busy schedule at work, so I am not around that much lately.

An "Olde Moderator" #2

Welcome from the the outside, iamor!

You must understand that the Palm desktop versions that are available for download may have features not compatible with the handheld. The downloads are generic and contain no enhancements transferred to the handheld either. Between the Palm Handheld and the Desktop, the handheld features are all you will have unless third party solutions are found.

Palm Knowledge Library Soution ID:634 explains why mail and Expense not present.
    Welcome to Brighthand
    The Three Rs of Life - Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for your own actions.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates....it's more like a jar of jalapenos.What you do today might burn your backside tomorrow!"

I can't remember

Welcome to Brighthand, iamor.
    Brain -> Casio -> Sharp -> Filofax -> Palm Pilot -> Palm Professional -> Palm IIIc -> iPAQ 4660 (oops) -> TT3 + T610 + NavMan -> TT5 + SE K700i + NavMan -> TT5 + 2Gb SD card + SE K810i + universal PDA thumb board + external mike + TomTom ONE + BlackBerry 8800

Winner of the Brighthand Palm 5th Anniversary Contest
    NOT

Palm Pilot

Actually, you can get the Palm Desktop with Expense in it here. In the dropdown just above the Download button, select the file you want - it's not clear, but one is the Windows desktop with Expense, one is the Mac with Expense, and the other two are without Expense. You'll still need expense.prc on the Palm.
    Regards,

Stan

M105->Zire->Zire71->T3 > Lifedrive + N800 > EeePC + Samsung Captivate + Asus Transformer Prime + SGS3

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B. Franklin