Can you bluetooth photos from cell to Touch?

Closed Thread
    PalmDawg

Default Can you bluetooth photos from cell to Touch?

Probably not from what I can tell but if anyone knows a way it'd be someone here on this forum.

I've got a ordinary Nokia cell phone (with a check phone card - saves me lots of $$$) and I would like to bluetooth over the poor quality photos from it to my non JB Touch when I'm on the go and not near my computer to do this transfer. Can it be done?
    Palm TX, Acer Netbook, 8G 3rd gen Touch, and, of course, a Pom Dawg:

TabletPCReview Editor

Default Re: Can you bluetooth photos from cell to Touch?

In most cases, no. The iOS device probably won't recognize your phone when you try to make a Bluetooth connection.

-
    I am the former Site Editor of Brighthand, but I now run the sister-site TabletPCReview. Follow me on Twitter or Google+

Mobile Consultant

There exist two applications ibluetooth and ibluenova which are meant for this purpose, you can have a detail demo look on youtube and can get these application with hope they will work with your touch. goodluck

PalmDawg

Quote Originally Posted by PC4Life View Post
    There exist two applications ibluetooth and ibluenova which are meant for this purpose, you can have a detail demo look on youtube and can get these application with hope they will work with your touch. goodluck
    It looks like those apps only work between Touches not between a cell phone and a Touch.

The Green Zac Efron

Yeah, my brief research indicates that it isn't possible.

Your Super Moderator
    Atlanta, GA USA Devices: Misc Palm & iProducts

I had tried and failed a year ago using a Nokia 6126 & TX and using Nokia 6126 & iPod Touch 2nd Gen, also a FAIL. Bluetooth is tricky between device types, maybe by design. Now I take the pix with my iPhone and email them to myself for transfer to other devices.
    Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.

Brighthand Forums - The Best Advice At Any Price

m130, Zire 71, Tungsten E, Palm TX, Eee PC, Aspire One, iPod Touch 2G, iPhone 3Gs, iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Mini-R

PalmDawg

Yeah, I used to use bluetooth to send photos from my lovely TX to my cheap Nokia phone no problemo but not so with the Touch....

OK, truth be known, I'm still kinda tempted to upgrade to the new Touch for the sake of the camera in spite of the fact that its only 1 mp...sigh...

I do post pix a lot and it is quite a few extra steps to download to computer then upload, one way or another, to the Touch.

hal
    itchy and cold feet hal

Quote Originally Posted by lelisa13p View Post
    I had tried and failed a year ago using a Nokia 6126 & TX and using Nokia 6126 & iPod Touch 2nd Gen, also a FAIL. Bluetooth is tricky between device types, maybe by design. Now I take the pix with my iPhone and email them to myself for transfer to other devices.
    Please replace the word maybe for wretched. Your iPod Touch packs more computing power than all the vehicles of the early Space Age (not kidding). Therefore, any shortcoming of such a wonderful device, please don't blame it on its engineering or manufacturing works, but on this dude wearing black turtleneck sweaters.

Quote Originally Posted by airin View Post
    Yeah, I used to use bluetooth to send photos from my lovely TX to my cheap Nokia phone no problemo but not so with the Touch....

OK, truth be known, I'm still kinda tempted to upgrade to the new Touch for the sake of the camera in spite of the fact that its only 1 mp...sigh...

I do post pix a lot and it is quite a few extra steps to download to computer then upload, one way or another, to the Touch.
    Please ease the task by sending your pictures to your computer, and from there I reckon are ways to send them into your iPod Touch (can't tell which, I'm not an iOwner). Provided your computer is not BT-enabled, you shall make the investment to solve it. IME, it took me $5 USD to buy this cheapo BT USB dongle, and I mean it when I say investment. Hoards of cables and whatnot became obsolete
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda. "Nothing is neither wear-proof, nor fail-proof, least fool-proof." - HAL. "Indeed, fool-proof inventions have been attempted, but don't work, fools are pretty witty ones." - Murphy's Law. "Even worse than a traitor, is a dumb@$$ with initiative." - Gral. Santa Ana
    Link: Palm resets

Mobile Consultant

oh really :O