Is the iGo keyboard compatible?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mobile Enthusiast

Default Is the iGo keyboard compatible?

Quick question - does anyone have the iGo Stowaway Keyboard (http://www.igo.com/product.asp?sku=2524884), and gotten it to work with their 210? I'm about to purchase one but I don't want to go through the hassle of returns etc. Let me know if you've gotten it to work, thanks!

Former TX/Ipaq 210 User

Default Re: Is the iGo keyboard compatible?

Mine should be here tomorrow or Monday so I'll let you know. It's BT so it should work great.
    Mick

Former TX/Ipaq 210 User

Whoops, I just read that the igo is being discontinued because of no drivers for WM6 so when I report back it may not be good news!
    Mick

Mobile Enthusiast

Urgh that doesn't sound promising. Keeping fingers crossed since it seems like the best BT keyboard out there at the moment. Hoping it works for you, so I can get one soon too!

SHC
    Mobile Consultant

I've got the Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard and didn't need to install any drivers. WM6 seems to have some compatable drivers built-in.

Packets in, packets out

Someone mentioned in another thread the other day that think outside was dropping their keyboard line. FWIW I was on the line with their tech support & the guy I was talking to told me that isn't the case at all & they are going to keep making them. Shrug.

Hookette's edgy lately

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling View Post
    Someone mentioned in another thread the other day that think outside was dropping their keyboard line. FWIW I was on the line with their tech support & the guy I was talking to told me that isn't the case at all & they are going to keep making them. Shrug.
    The news came from talking to the iGo people at CES. I suspect the CS guy hasn't been told yet.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

Former TX/Ipaq 210 User

Why do I listen to rumors? All the early reports about the 210 had it sucking and I am very happy with mine. Then I read online about the igo being done away with and I got sad but now it seems that it will work fine. Oh well, I should know for sure either later today or bu Monday night.
    Mick

Packets in, packets out

Yeah, that's what I thought too, and then I thought, "how messed up is it that I know before the CS guy knows?"
    HTC Thunderbolt, Asus Nexus 7, HTC Flyer, and oh how I miss Palm.

Hookette's edgy lately

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    Why do I listen to rumors? All the early reports about the 210 had it sucking and I am very happy with mine. Then I read online about the igo being done away with and I got sad but now it seems that it will work fine. Oh well, I should know for sure either later today or bu Monday night.
    Mick
    Mick, this always happens with any new device. Why? Because people post when they have problems. There's always an initial wave of getting past the device quirks stage and then things settle down and perspective returns. I've seen it with most devce releases, Palm or WM. Actually, the TX release in 05 was surprising as it was an incredible love fest (even PocketPC Thoughts folks were praising it ), but that was because it was really a refinement of the T5 and LD and really had nothing new to be that quirky --yet.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.