iPAQ 210 Essential and VGA software - Page 13

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Mobile Deity
    Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices, 2006, 2007. Also see my articles in the PPC & SP Mag Expert blog HERE.

Mobile Deity

Default Re: iPAQ 210 Essential and VGA software

Quote Originally Posted by Menneisyys View Post
    There are several: see my Dictionary Bibles in the Apps forum.

Can't give you links now as I'm typing this on my bb while walking - sorry
    The Definitive Roundup of All Pocket PC Dictionaries Part I WordNet-based Dicts

Def. Roundup of All Pocket PC Dictionaries Part II non-WordNet-based English Dicts

Also, as far as Wiki is concerned, ROUNDUP: Read / browse WikiPedia on your Pocket PC!
    Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices, 2006, 2007. Also see my articles in the PPC & SP Mag Expert blog HERE.

Mobile Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stallen View Post
    Yeah, I went to the Windows Mobile/ Applications section. I can't seem to find your bibles. I also did a search. I'd like some links when you get a chance.

VGA demystified ? the definitive guide to OzVGA, SE_VGA and everything VGA-related

Also check out my later articles linked from the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by stallen View Post
    BTW, did you get that PM I sent you yesterday?
    Yes, I have - I'll try to answer tomorrow (it's pretty elaborate and I have to think it over very thoroughly.)
    Last edited by Menneisyys; 02-24-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Mobile Deity

Quote Originally Posted by aikidoka View Post
    actually, i use the jvm mentioned by adama before, and an original copy of opera mini 4. works without any hack
    You mean TAO (recommended the thread at Java Apps ?)

TAO isn't bad but it has definite disadvantages when compared to Jbed (no full screen mode, no copy/paste in text input areas, no proxy support etc. Most importantly, it doesn't support direct invocations & ppage loading from Messaging or other apps, unlike Jbed when using my hack) That is, I REALLY recommend switching to Jbed.

You mean TAO (recommended the thread at Java Apps ?)

TAO isn't bad but it has definite disadvantages when compared to Jbed (no full screen mode, no copy/paste in text input areas, no proxy support etc. Most importantly, it doesn't support direct invocations & ppage loading from Messaging or other apps, unlike Jbed when using my hack) That is, I REALLY recommend switching to Jbed.
    any link to share?

Mobile Deity

Mobile Enthusiast

Unfortunately I was playing with Jbed from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=24 and had problems with it, it locks when trying to switch from portrait to landscape in Opera Mini and when confirming text entry, screen remains blank and I have to kill it. So I am now using ТАО TurboTweaked v. 11.1.7.1023, I found that 1029 exists, but 1023 i widely recommended for non phone devices.

Esmertec feels bettter, but hangs, IBM J9 6.1.1 which I used in Loox 420 renders strange and font is to huge on VGA, JBlendFullScreen does not work at all. TAO has several annoyances so I would like to have Esmertec, but cannot find reasonably working version.

MIDlet Bible: [url]...
    Jbed direct download: http://www.winmobiletech.com/092007MidletBible/Jbed.zip
    installed this into the device memory but got error saying jbed cannot be opened, either is is not signed etcetera etcetera, looks like i have to continue using Tao MIDlet Manager

Mobile Enthusiast

You need to download Fix_dlls_for_PPC.zip from here: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...0#entry1069934

Mobile Enthusiast

I spent quite a lot of time Testing various MIDP JVMs for running Opera Mini 4 and although Esmertec JBed has best features, it has several flaws (hanging sometimes, auto initiated DUN connection is closed immediately after downloading page, so new connection is established for each page, PAN BT connection drops after not so long period of inactivity, images on page with lots of them sometimes start "flasing" (image repeatedly diappears and reappears)). So even it is not fullscreen, for me Esmerted Jeodek, namely Esmertec_AG_Jeodek_Java_MIDP2_0_lockstream_build_20070425_1_1_by_dFine.cab, is the best for Opera Mini 4 on iPAQ 214 so far.