Verizon Wireless Announces New Prepaid Smartphone Plan Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
    Brighthand Contributor

Default Verizon Wireless Announces New Prepaid Smartphone Plan Discussion

Verizon Wireless just announced a new prepaid smartphone plan that will be available starting tomorrow. This is going to provide customers access to a smartphone and Verizon's 3G network without the commitment of an annual contract.

Read the full content of this Article: Verizon Wireless Announces New Prepaid Smartphone Plan

Related Articles:

Brighthand Reviewer

Default Re: Verizon Wireless Announces New Prepaid Smartphone Plan Discussion

Interesting, but not at all compelling to my mind. You can already pick up a Straight Talk SIM and have basically the same thing on AT&T for $45 a month. Verizon's network is nice but not so amazing that it merits almost twice the price.

Banned

I agree, and they should work in a 4G option somehow. Otherwise, it's too expensive for a casual user I think.

Hookette's edgy lately

Pricy and no choice in Smartphone. Oh, wait, that's right this is Verizon doing this.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

FWIW, this is actually less expensive than a 2-year contract for similar limits of voice, text & data, if my family plan is indicative. The 1st/primary line is $89, and that is before *any* data allowance charge. Even if a single-line (non-family plan) is substantially less, it's not going to be cheaper, I think.

I agree, VZW could do a much better job, but if you need their network and absolutely *will*not*consider* a contract, this is an option.
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

Brighthand Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by RickAgresta View Post
    FWIW, this is actually less expensive than a 2-year contract for similar limits of voice, text & data, if my family plan is indicative. The 1st/primary line is $89, and that is before *any* data allowance charge. Even if a single-line (non-family plan) is substantially less, it's not going to be cheaper, I think.
    On a single plan, the minimum for the first line is $40 for 450 minutes, plus $20 for unlimited messaging, and $30 for 2 GB of data (4 GB if you're on 4G) making it $90 a month. So a little cheaper, but no big giveaways unless you're really going to put a hurting on those unlimited minutes.