Apple Nearly Doubles iPhone Sales, Profits Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
    TabletPCReview Editor

Default Apple Nearly Doubles iPhone Sales, Profits Discussion

During the first three months of this year, Apple sold over 35.1 million iPhones. This isn't an all-time record, but it's an 88% increase over the same quarter a year ago. Sales of smartphones and other computers allowed the company to almost double its quarterly profit.

Read the full content of this Article: Apple Nearly Doubles iPhone Sales, Profits

Related Articles:

TabletPCReview Editor

Default Re: Apple Nearly Doubles iPhone Sales, Profits Discussion

As I mentioned in the article, shares of Apple dropped abut 10% in the week before this earnings announcement after some analysts predicted the company would come in below their expectations. Now that Apple has revealed that it actually came in above analysts' expectations the share price has shot back up. At the time I'm writing this, shares are up just about 9% over yesterday's close (before the earnings announcement).

In short, anyone who bought Apple shares yesterday made a neat 9% profit overnight.
    -
    I am the former Site Editor of Brighthand, but I now run the sister-site TabletPCReview. Follow me on Twitter or Google+

r0k
    Mobile Deity
    (in the Palm of God's Hand *Detroit)....... Device: iPhone 5

I got out of Apple stock as it passed 110... On it's way UP. Realizing how stupid I was to have sold at 110, I bought a little AAPL as it was passing 350 but I doubt I'll have any idea when to sell it until it passes 110... On it's way back down...

But it's nice to have that "almost doubled my money" feeling while it sits in the 600+ range... While it lasts.
    -Jeff
    (r0k)

Palm Devices List (updated 10/17/2011)

sharp - early 1990's -> palm iii (late 1998) ... T|T3 -> ipaq 3115
    (returned to store) ->TX ... Treo 650-> 755p ->bb8830+iPod Touch->RAZR M + iPhone5+iPad mini

Banned

Well, I'm still holding mine which I bought at about $12/share. I admit, I really want Apple to split, so I can diversify out of some of it. But not splitting it has earned me a lot more money.

Life is a circus!

Quote Originally Posted by r0k View Post
    I got out of Apple stock as it passed 110... On it's way UP. Realizing how stupid I was to have sold at 110, I bought a little AAPL as it was passing 350 but I doubt I'll have any idea when to sell it until it passes 110... On it's way back down...

But it's nice to have that "almost doubled my money" feeling while it sits in the 600+ range... While it lasts.
    Story of my life.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2, Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank