Verizon 4G LTE Service Now Available To More Than Two-Thirds of U.S. Population Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
    Brighthand Contributor

Default Verizon 4G LTE Service Now Available To More Than Two-Thirds of U.S. Population Discussion

Starting today, Verizon Wireless will cover more than two-thirds of the U.S. population after introducing its 4G LTE network to 27 new markets and expanding in 44 other markets.

Read the full content of this Article: Verizon 4G LTE Service Now Available To More Than Two-Thirds of U.S. Population

Related Articles:

Brighthand Reviewer

Default Re: Verizon 4G LTE Service Now Available To More Than Two-Thirds of U.S. Population Discussion

Still not available in my hometown, alas, although 4G is available in two other towns half an hour's drive away. Frankly, I don't care that much about full 4G speed, but it would be really nice if they could just fix the usually abysmal 3G speed we get here. 500 Kbits is a good result, 200 Kbits is more common.

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

Default Re: Verizon 4G LTE Service Now Available To More Than Two-Thirds of U.S. Population Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Adama D. Brown View Post
    Still not available in my hometown, alas, although 4G is available in two other towns half an hour's drive away. Frankly, I don't care that much about full 4G speed, but it would be really nice if they could just fix the usually abysmal 3G speed we get here. 500 Kbits is a good result, 200 Kbits is more common.
    I hear you, Adama; at home, where the coverage map shows my house just inside the VZW 4G area, if I get 1 bar for 3G, I'm lucky. otoh, at work (actually, not *at*work*, but at the place I'm staying that has no internet) I get a strong 3G signal of 4 bars, but there is no 4G coverage......my best Speedtest.net results for 3G are 1.88Mbps down & 0.87Mbps up, btw
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

Brighthand Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by RickAgresta View Post
    I hear you, Adama; at home, where the coverage map shows my house just inside the VZW 4G area, if I get 1 bar for 3G, I'm lucky. otoh, at work (actually, not *at*work*, but at the place I'm staying that has no internet) I get a strong 3G signal of 4 bars, but there is no 4G coverage......my best Speedtest.net results for 3G are 1.88Mbps down & 0.87Mbps up, btw
    The crazy part is, I get great signal--anywhere from 3 bars at minimum to 5 bars (out of 5) at the best. And yet I still get absolutely hideous speeds. Right now I'm pulling down about 20 kilobytes per second with three bars. It's extra frustrating. 3G service isn't always that way out here; it used to be invariably fast, 1 to 1.5 megabits, and still is sometimes when it seems to kick over.

And one of the main reasons that I switched to Verizon was for 3G, since AT&T only has 2.5G out here and probably isn't going to get anything else soon.