Verizon Prepping Less Expensive Version of the Motorola Droid RAZR Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
    TabletPCReview Editor

Default Verizon Prepping Less Expensive Version of the Motorola Droid RAZR Discussion

The super-slim Motorola Droid RAZR debuted in November at $300 with a two-year contract. A new version of this Android smartphone with less storage capacity will soon be available at a significantly lower price.

Read the full content of this Article: Verizon Prepping Less Expensive Version of the Motorola Droid RAZR

Related Articles:

TabletPCReview Editor

Default Re: Verizon Prepping Less Expensive Version of the Motorola Droid RAZR Discussion

It's worth noting that Amazon has a 16 GB Class 2 microSDHC card for $13.90:

Amazon.com: SanDisk 16 GB Class 2 microSDHC Flash Memory Card: Electronics

Heck, the faster Class 4 version is just $9:
    Amazon.com: Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC Memory Card, Class 4: Electronics

If you want to play with the big dogs, you can get a 32GB microSDHC card for only $30.41:
    Amazon.com: SanDisk 32 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card (card only) SDSDQM-032G: Computers and Accessories
    -
    Last edited by Ed Hardy; 01-20-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    I am the former Site Editor of Brighthand, but I now run the sister-site TabletPCReview. Follow me on Twitter or Google+

Brighthand Reviewer

Default Re: Verizon Prepping Less Expensive Version of the Motorola Droid RAZR Discussion

Okay, I'm old. I remember paying $200 for a 4 GB CompactFlash card and loving it.

And before anyone asks, there's not likely to be a noticeable amount of difference between the speed of a Class 2 or Class 4 memory card and the more expensive Class 6 or Class 10 stuff, at least when it comes to usage in a smartphone.

Banned

I noticed that Fry's had some amazing deals on memory cards (micro and SDHC). Unfortunately, they require mail-in rebates and there are no Fry's near where I live (and they're in-store deals).