SoundHound for Android OS Review: 'Name That Tune,' But At What Price? Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
    Brighthand Reviewer

Arrow SoundHound for Android OS Review: 'Name That Tune,' But At What Price? Discussion

It all started a few years ago with Shazam, the first "name that tune" app to make it to smartphones. Unsurprisingly, imitators of the highly popular Shazam have sprung up since, including SoundHound, currently listed as one of the top 30 paid apps on the Android Market.

As one distinction from Shazam and all of the rest, SoundHound is also touted as "the world's only viable singing and humming recognition" app. In this review, we'll take a look at whether SoundHound is worth the price (financially and otherwise).

Read the full content of this Article: SoundHound for Android OS Review: 'Name That Tune,' But At What Price?

Related Articles:

Banned

Default Re: SoundHound for Android OS Review: 'Name That Tune,' But At What Price? Discussion

How does the advertising work on the 'free' version? Do you hear vocal ads, or just display ads? If it's just display, then I don't even see a difference with the paid version if it also has display links and such.

Mobile Deity

Default Re: SoundHound for Android OS Review: 'Name That Tune,' But At What Price? Discussion

No vocal ads, just a smallish window up the top where admob stuff displays, not very bothering at all really.

Has worked a treat the times I've used it.

Handing unnecessary permissions out when installing android applications is normal, it's why I don't keep anything I wouldn't want anybody getting their hands on, on android devices.

Brighthand Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by Varjak View Post
    How does the advertising work on the 'free' version? Do you hear vocal ads, or just display ads? If it's just display, then I don't even see a difference with the paid version if it also has display links and such.
    It's the same mini-banner-ads found in other Android apps.

The difference is the affiliate links are a lot more subtle in the paid version.