Samsung Intrepid Now Available from Sprint

Closed Thread
    TabletPCReview Editor

Default Samsung Intrepid Now Available from Sprint

Sprint has begun offering its first smartphone running the new Windows Mobile 6.5 Pro. The Samsung Intrepid has a QVGA screen, built-in keyboard, and worldphone capabilities.

Samsung IntrepidThis device uses a tablet design, sporting a 2.5-inch touchscreen with a 320x240 resolution. Below this is a QWERTY keyboard.

Naturally, the Intrepid supports Sprint's CDMA network, and it can access this carrier's EV-DO Rev. A mobile broadband service. In addition, when roaming outside of the U.S. it is able to connect to GSM networks, allowing users to make calls or access the Internet when traveling internationally.

This model also has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

A New OS
    This is one of the first products with the latest version of Microsoft's operating system for smartphones. The changes included are described in this article: Windows Mobile 6.5 Review

The Samsung Intrepid is bundled with a suite of entertainment and productivity applications that are mobile versions of many of Microsoft's desktop apps: Outlook, Office, Internet Explorer, and Windows Media player. These can handle everything from e-mail to streaming video.

Other Features
    This smartphone includes a microSD memory card slot with support for up to 32 GB cards, and a 3.2 MPx camera.

Overall, the Intrepid is 4.6 inches tall, 2.6 inches wide, and 0.5 inches thick. It weighs 4.0 ounces.

Sprint says its 1480 mAh battery will last for up to 6 hours of talk time.

Pricing & Availability
    Read a ReviewThe Samsung Intrepid sells for $150 with a new contract or eligible upgrade, a two-year service agreement, and after a $100 mail-in rebate.

It can be purchased now from Sprint's website.

Source: Sprint

Related Articles:

Default Re: Samsung Intrepid Now Available from Sprint

Can someone confirm if this card is ok for this phone: gomemory.co.uk/transcend-8gb-micro-sdhc-class-6-usb-reader.html
    (I don't want to buy the wrong card again!)

TabletPCReview Editor

Default Re: Samsung Intrepid Now Available from Sprint

Yes, that will work.

-
    I am the former Site Editor of Brighthand, but I now run the sister-site TabletPCReview. Follow me on Twitter or Google+