08-24-2009, 06:01 AM #1
BlackBerry Users Now Have Access to Google Enterprise Software
The Google Apps Enterprise team has released Google Apps Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server, which lets those with a BlackBerry smartphone use many of the built-in applications with Google's own enterprise software.
This connector makes it possible to use Google's email, calendar, and contacts with corporate BlackBerry phones' built-in applications.
It's available for customers of Google Apps Premier and Education Editions.
- Messages sent to the user's Gmail inbox are pushed to the BlackBerry within 60 seconds.
- Emails read/deleted on the BlackBerry are marked as read/deleted in Gmail, and vice-versa.
- Emails archived/starred on the BlackBerry are archived/starred in Gmail, and vice-versa.
- BlackBerry folders are synchronized with labels in Gmail.
- Users can search for contact information of coworkers from the global address list on your BlackBerry.
- Contacts in Gmail are automatically synchronized with the BlackBerry address book.
- Users can view their Google Calendar schedule with the native BlackBerry application, with one-way synchronization from Google Calendar to the smartphone. Two-way calendar sync with the ability to accept, decline and schedule meetings from the BlackBerry is not available with this release but Google is working on it.
- Administrators can use the management and security tools that are part of BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
For more information, go to the Google Enterprise team's blog.