Nokia N810 Internet Tablet Will Sport Keyboard, GPS Receiver

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mobile Enthusiast

Default Nokia N810 Internet Tablet Will Sport Keyboard, GPS Receiver

Nokia has taken the wraps off the Nokia N810 Internet Tablet, an updated version of this traditional handheld with integrated GPS capabilities and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.

Nokia N810 Internet Tablet
    (view large image)

Users will be able to connect to the nearest Wi-Fi hotspot because the N810 has 802.11b/g, but no WiMax. If that isn't enough, users can connect via Bluetooth to a mobile phone.

The N810 will allows users to make Internet calls, check email, watch the latest videos on YouTube or update their blogs using the device's slide-out keyboard along with its touchscreen.

An Overview of the N810 Internet Tablet

This device will weigh in around 7.9 ounces and be 5.0 x 2.83 x 0.55 inches

It will keep the same 4.13-inch WVGA (800 x 480) display as its predecessor, the N800, but have increased brightness settings.

The N810 will sport a 400 MHz OMAP 2420 processor and have 2 GB of internal storage, not including memory cards.

It will run Nokia's Linux Maemo operating system and has a supposed battery life of 4 hours under "typical use", meaning playing movies or surfing the Web, or 10 hours when playing music only.

The N810 will also have an integrated camera, mini USB 2.0, hardware lock switch and included maps for use with the GPS.

Nokia is expected to start shipping the N810 Internet Tablet in mid-November with prices starting at $480.

Related Articles

Via Nokia.com

TabletPCReview Editor

Default Re: Nokia N810 Internet Tablet Will Sport Keyboard, GPS Receiver

Now that Nokia has added a keyboard to its Internet Tablet line I find it even more tempting.

And if that wasn't enough, I expect there to be a WiMax version of this device to be on the market before too much longer, probably before the middle of next year. That will make it even more impressive.
    -
    I am the former Site Editor of Brighthand, but I now run the sister-site TabletPCReview. Follow me on Twitter or Google+

Neighborhood Mobilist

I agree Ed. It really is impressive. If the software is more mature, then I can really see Nokia making solid inroads with this iteration.
    If your smartphone is so smart, then why are you spending so much time learning it? Shouldn't it learn you and adapt to your leanings?

~3rdPrty 4ehvur!~

This device would be sweeter if it just had a Office Suite, I'm dying for it to have one. The Screen was always good for it, now it has a keyboard, I- I feel like Nokia is laughing at me.

TabletPCReview Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
    This device would be sweeter if it just had a Office Suite,
    I'd be interested to see how Google's Docs & Spreadsheets will work on it. If it runs well, an "on board" Office suite won't really be necessary.
    -
    I am the former Site Editor of Brighthand, but I now run the sister-site TabletPCReview. Follow me on Twitter or Google+

Smartphone Enthusiast

Nice, keyboard and Linux. But it needs one more thing: a EVDO or EDGE modem.

Pretty Good Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    Nice, keyboard and Linux. But it needs one more thing: a EVDO or EDGE modem.
    I was just going to say the same thing, well, EVDO Rev A or higher speed HSDPA, actually. For those who also want a more traditional cell phone and don't want to pay extra data fees, just switch the GSM card or don't bother enabling EVDO with a separate account. Personally, when I'm not near a hot spot, I'd hate to be dependent on also having a separate cell phone around. Also, if it were Windows Mobile with a 3.5" HVGA screen, the iPhone would be dead in the water.
    Thanks, Robrecht

Brighthand Reviewer

That thing looks pretty cool. D-pad might be a little awkward for somebody who's right handed, but you gotta admire the screen.

Neighborhood Mobilist

Depending on the way the browser has been updated, and the support from the online apps, doing an online office suite should be more than doable (and just flat out done IMO).

A lot about this is nice, but just says it was a small but needed update. I wonder if the new OS was another reason that an updated device was needed. Not that I am complaining that software is pushing the hardware, but its notable.

HOpefully, BT keyboard support is better, because this is a mobile office piece just waiting to happen.
    If your smartphone is so smart, then why are you spending so much time learning it? Shouldn't it learn you and adapt to your leanings?

Village Idiot 2.0

I am very impressed by the video. Is it a touchscreen?
    Mobile widgets modded iPAQ h2210B modded Axim X51v P3050 Touch/Vogue (TELUS) Satellite A210-MS9 ~39GB flash storage ULT31803 & SUN-300A flash readers Go Wi-Fi! P500 802.11b/g CFIO CFU2 USB1.1 Host CFIO DSCF-100 RS-232 CFIO BT-359 SiRF-III GPS ER-6 Earphones TI-83+ iPAQ hx2750 iPAQ hx4705 Axim X50v Palm TX Inspiron 8000 KDA (-built)
    The optimist sees the glass is half full; the pessimist sees the glass is half empty; the engineer sees the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.[/Konrad]