Thread: RIM BlackBerry 8700c Announced
11-01-2005, 12:00 PM #1
RIM BlackBerry 8700c Announced
BlackBerry 8700c (view larger)
Today RIM has announced their latest device, the BlackBerry 8700c. The 8700c is their first effort to include EDGE and will run on the Cingular network. It will also feature an Intel processor, another BlackBerry first. The 8700c will be available on November 21st for $299 with a 2-year contract.
"The new BlackBerry 8700c provides the ultimate balance of performance, design and function. When you combine our newly optimized BlackBerry platform with Intel's powerful processor and Cingular's high-speed EDGE network, you get impressive results," said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. "Early customer reactions confirm our confidence in this product. The handset looks and feels great. The phone is excellent. The screen is striking. The performance is exceptional. Put simply - the BlackBerry 8700c is another winner from RIM and Cingular."
BlackBerry 8700c Overview
- Dynamic, highly responsive experience when viewing attachments and graphics, browsing the web and running applications.
- Access up to 10 supported business and/or personal email accounts
- Integrated attachment viewing for popular file formats
- MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) allows you to combine text and images on a single message.
- Bright, high-resolution screen provides large viewable workspace and includes intelligent light sensing technology to automatically optimize screen lighting levels for ideal indoor and outdoor viewing.
- Built-in speakerphone for hands-free dialog and convenient conference calls with excellent sound quality
- Bluetooth hands-free headset and car kit support
- Polyphonic and MP3 ring tones can be assigned to your contacts
- Ergonomic, full QWERTY keyboard for a familiar typing and data entry experience
- Large, dedicated "Send", "End" and "Mute" keys, plus user definable convenience keys.
- 64 MB of memory
- Intel PXA901 processor at 312 MHz
- Quad-Band network support on 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS and EDGE networks allows for international roaming between North America, Europe and Asia Pacific
11-01-2005, 11:15 PM #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2004
- Chicago, Illinois
Re: RIM BlackBerry 8700c Announced
Just wondering, how big is this device? Its hard to tell from the picture.
By Javoedge in forum Press Releases/AnnouncementsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-17-2006, 08:18 PM
By BoxWave in forum Press Releases/AnnouncementsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-20-2006, 06:11 PM
By Karbon in forum PDAs and HandheldsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2003, 09:39 PM
By cstephen84 in forum i705Replies: 3Last Post: 02-03-2003, 03:48 PM