Now that the iGo / Thinkoutside Stowaway keyboards have been discontinued for a year, what bluetooth keyboards do you use???

Closed Thread
    Mobile Enthusiast

Default Now that the iGo / Thinkoutside Stowaway keyboards have been discontinued for a year, what bluetooth keyboards do you use???

Now that the iGo / Thinkoutside Stowaway keyboards have been discontinued for a year, what bluetooth keyboards do you use???

I recently tried the original Freedom keyboard from freedominput.com and it was horrible! (I didn't try the Freedom 2).

Besides finding any remaining orphaned Stowaways on Ebay, what do you recommend, especially those with driver support for WM6?

Neighborhood Mobilist

Default Re: Now that the iGo / Thinkoutside Stowaway keyboards have been discontinued for a year, what bluetooth keyboards do you use???

The Palm Universal Bluetooth Wireless keyboard is essentially your next best option. If you want to really get fancy with it, the Frogpad is another one.

Mobile Enthusiast

Default Re: Now that the iGo / Thinkoutside Stowaway keyboards have been discontinued for a year, what bluetooth keyboards do you use???

Quote Originally Posted by AWright View Post
    The Palm Universal Bluetooth Wireless keyboard is essentially your next best option. If you want to really get fancy with it, the Frogpad is another one.
    Thank you for the reply. The Frogpad is frightening -- I'm looking for a qwerty keyboard, and the $150 is way too rich for me.

Regarding the Palm Universal Bluetooth Wireless, could you please provide a link? All I found was this, and it is infrared, not bluetooth.

http://store.palm.com/product/index....catsId=3325124

Thanks again.

Neighborhood Mobilist

Mobile Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by AWright View Post
    Thank you again.

Judging by the photos, I'm 99% certain that this hardware is also known as the "Freedom Universal 2" keyboard, seen here:

http://www.freedominput.com/site/ind...116&Itemid=112

As mentioned in my original post, the earlier version Freedom keyboard is a horrible design and barely useable because the keys are too small and unresponsive. The "Freedom Universal 2" version looks a like it has a little bigger keys.

I read through all of the Amazon info, including the user reviews, and there was no mention of applicability with WinMo -- just Palm devices. Do you have any information on that?

Thanks again.