The Aceeca is here. - Page 4

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mobile Evangelist

Default Re: The Aceeca is here.

xandros9: Correct it is a Garnet FAT 16 limit so 2gig. It does not use NVFS thankfully. They have there own backup system that will restore all info from a hard reset. The battery is glued in but has a connector to the circuit board. They currently do not have a browser for it. These are answers to some of the questions I posted on there forum last week. If you care to look at there forum you can read the full description.

LandSurveyor

Could you post that link?

And thanks for the tip about the 2gb limit. Will probably pop in a cheap one somewhere and load it with ebooks.
    Last edited by LandSurveyor; 11-30-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Mobile Evangelist

LandSurveyor

Thanks for that. I notice that IRDA is listed as an option. That is the only option that came on mine.
    Again, for any potential buyers, I would advise buying the maxed version. Don't know what you would do about a browser, though.
    So far, the battery seems more than sufficient for consumer use.

ex-Palm guru

Quote Originally Posted by LandSurveyor View Post
    Thanks for that. I notice that IRDA is listed as an option. That is the only option that came on mine.
    Again, for any potential buyers, I would advise buying the maxed version. Don't know what you would do about a browser, though.
    So far, the battery seems more than sufficient for consumer use.
    I occasionally mess with ROM nicking, so maybe Blazer could be put on it? (Not likely at all)

You got the Netfront browser, Opera Mini out there...
    How would they perform?

LandSurveyor

Not sure how I would use a browser seeing my only connections are IRDA and the cable.

So far, my uses are the supplied PIMs and an ereader. Will probably add a decent scientific calculator next. I still get emails from Palmgear and they have a bunch.

Oh, another discovery today. The alarm beeps are plenty loud. Medium is sufficient to be heard beneath my coat and loud is loud enough to be annoying. The lowest setting is decent for in-office use without aggravating the adjoining cubical denizens.

Mobile Evangelist

I believe they will come up with a browser when the wifi options are available. They are using access software so it may come from them. I have surfed the web and listened to pocket tunes through a usb cable. I also downloaded books with blazer and opera mini. m-Router and Softick ppp will allow you to access the web through a usb or bluetooth if you have it.

Can you also get it into the hands of someone with Mac OSX to test sync as well? I found these instructions online for making my Clie TH55 work with iSync, they outght to be adaptable if you can get the USB device info/number:
    -------
    2. Open for edit the (3) Info.plist files located under:
    * /Applications/Palm/HotSync Manager/Contents/Plug-ins/USBNotifier/Contents
    * /Applications/Palm/Transport Monitor/Contents/Plug-ins/USBNotifier/Contents
    * /Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync/Transports/USB/Contents
    You can use the Terminal for this (cd then vi). If you wish to navigate down the directories through the graphical interface, you will need to right-click --oops, ctrl-click ;-)-- "Show Package Contents" to navigate into the applications.

3. Add the following lines:

<dict>
    <key>USBVendor</key>
    <string>1356</string>
    <key>USBProduct</key>
    <string>324</string>
    </dict>

in the USBDevices section. Any text editor will do, as well as the Property List Editor application that comes with the Apple Developer Tools. If your Clié is a different model than the TH55, the USBProduct ID will be different.
    -------------
    (I emailed the same info to the Aceeca folks urging them to find a Mac OSX tester, perhaps you can be that for them or find someone who can, hope so)

LandSurveyor

Wish I could help but I don't think I even know anyone with a Mac.

Mobile Evangelist

hankroberts: I would post in the Sync Mac area of this forum for how to sync with a mac. http://forum.brighthand.com/sync-mac-linux-palm-os/
    It is a Garnet devise. There is a commercial app called missing sync or something like that also. I am waiting for the PDA32 to be available with all the options before I purchase one also. There is allot you can do with bluetooth.