Thread: Two Desktops / One Palm
01-25-2002, 11:09 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
Two Desktops / One Palm
I have posted this under M500 also... erm... not quite sure what the form is here
Anyway: here's the problem:
My main PC is a Win2000 laptop at home. I sync on that machine using a USB cradle. It works every time. I have just got our IT guyz at work to install the Desktop software onto my NT4 machine at work so that I can sync there using a serial cable. It doesn't work. The Desktop software is installed, but when I try to launch it I get this:
"error: invalid configuration. Terminating Palm Desktop".
Bizarrely: I also have Docs to Go installed on the NT machine. The handheld unit syncs with that with no trouble at all. Can anybody out there help me, please?
01-25-2002, 11:28 PM #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2001
1) Log in as local administrator on your machine.
2) Open User Manager, open the Administrators group and add your domain user account to this group. (This is just temporary.)
3) Log out.
4) Log into your domain user's account (now temporily part of the
5) Install the Palm Desktop software.
6) Open User Manager, open the Administrators group and remove your domain user account.
7) Log out and log back in. Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager should work normally.Jennifer
By Greg Joplin in forum LifeDriveReplies: 1Last Post: 12-25-2005, 09:25 PM
By duugg in forum General Palm OSReplies: 3Last Post: 05-31-2005, 11:11 AM
By DBH in forum Tungsten T seriesReplies: 28Last Post: 05-23-2004, 05:04 PM
By fabfour64 in forum General Palm OSReplies: 6Last Post: 10-22-2002, 02:01 PM
By stefanb in forum V seriesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-12-2002, 04:22 PM