Anyone use First Class email client at work?

Closed Thread
    Wonder Palmstress

Default Anyone use First Class email client at work?

I've conducted a search in this subforum and two threads came up because they contained the word "class" but not related to the email client.

My company uses the First Class email client and I was wondering if anyone else does so that I can get some feedback. I had tried, once before, to set it up...but my IT's knowledge of setting it up on a Palm device was limited. The nice lady came over and set things up, but I was told that I couldn't "just" use First Class' email client I would also HAVE to use it's calendar function, which would over ride my Palm Desktop, yada yada yada. Given that information I "undid" the work that she did, as I chose not to use First Class on this broad of a level...I just wanted to have my email read through Versamail.

Now if someone else here tells me that this is in fact the truth, not that she would lie intentionally...she just wasn't well informed then I will give up and simply use Sharklinks to help me access my work mail via Blazer and continue to let Versamail handle my gmail account.

I have discussed this to some extent here before, or so I had thought, but couldn't find it. So...since I can't find it, and that whole experience could've been a dream, could someone share their experience with me as it relates to Versamail and First Class.

Thank you very much in advance!

Mobile Evangelist

Default Re: Anyone use First Class email client at work?

I googled and found a site from some school in California that gives the software links to set it up for your palm using either your windows or mac. There is a link to a tutorial. I hope this helps. http://csumb.edu/site/x20451.xml

Hookette's edgy lately

Here is another one I found, also California.

I never heard of First Class before this.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm X > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM, Android 4.4.2, Franco kernel
    Nexus 7 (2012) wifi+data (AT&T), Rooted, SlimKat Build 4, Android 4.4.2, ART, Franco Kernel

Wonder Palmstress

Quote Originally Posted by reb1 View Post
    I googled and found a site from some school in California that gives the software links to set it up for your palm using either your windows or mac. There is a link to a tutorial. I hope this helps. http://csumb.edu/site/x20451.xml
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Here is another one I found, also California.

I never heard of First Class before this.
    Thanks guys! I'll check out those links right now! I don't particularly care for it, and no one I ask for help has ever heard of it, outside of my IT...and outside of getting it back on line when the server goes down, that's limited.

Wonder Palmstress

In reading this, she was incorrect...as I suspected. It appears that I can set up only the First Class email conduit...and exclude the calendar, contacts, etc. I'm going to give it a try with my 755p and see if I can get it to work on my own.

Thank you two very much for the help! <hugs>