What does a broken LCD look like?

Closed Thread

Default What does a broken LCD look like?

Hello,

Sorry to post this twice, (first one is in the shatter LCD screen thread), but I need to call Toshiba tech support today to wrap up my case.

Anyway, I had the E740 (second hand) for about a month and it was fine until one day the screen just turned white. It was not dropped or anything like that. I figured it was some motherboard malfunction so I turned it in.

To my surprise, when I called yesterday, the guy told me that it's a broken LCD which is not covered by warranty and would cost $120 to fix. Is this what happens when the LCD cracks?

I understand why Toshiba has a limited warranty on screen damage but this is a malfunction not due to the result of physical abuse.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Called tech support a few minutes ago ..... last night, the rep told me to call back in the afternoon so that they'll be able to refer me to the guys who are fixing my PDA.

Today, the rep says that it can't be done. He told me that if I am not satisfied with the solution (paying $129), I should WRITE a letter to Customer Service and that no phone number can be provided.

I was pretty satisfied with Toshiba tech support up until the diagnosis and the subsequent sudden lack of information that can be provided.

Any suggestions?

Not happy at all with how Toshiba tech support is treating this case. I've spoke to about 4 reps today and none of them can resolve this. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I can get the 1 minute on hold and then the.... My supervisor is at a meeting right now response - twice.

So I'm pretty fed up with the Tech support number ... are there other numbers I can call to hopefully resolve this issue?

Anyone know the Customer Relations number that the reps referred to but asked me to write a letter instead.

Any help greatly appreciately.