Cingular 8525

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cingular 8525

Mobile Enthusiast

Default Cingular 8525

Anyone hear about this? any word on when it's coming? i'm ready to upgrade already. see the pic below
    Attached Images Attached Images

TabletPCReview Editor

Default Re: Cingular 8125

It's available now. You can find a review at:
    http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12195
    I am the former Site Editor of Brighthand, but I now run the sister-site TabletPCReview. Follow me on Twitter or Google+

Brighthand Reviewer

The Hermes will probably be available in the us some time this fall, possibly September/October. We don't know exactly when, but there's a good chance that it will come out alongside their next Smartphone, for which the buzz says September.

On edit: the device in the screenshot is the HTC Hermes, probably going to market as the Cingular 8525, rather than the 8125 that's listed in your subject.

TabletPCReview Editor

About the only difference between the 8125 and the Hermes is support for HSDPA, and if that doesn't interest you, you might go ahead and get the 8125 now.
    I am the former Site Editor of Brighthand, but I now run the sister-site TabletPCReview. Follow me on Twitter or Google+

Mobile Enthusiast

yeah.... stupid mistake on my part.. i DID mean the 8525. I have a much higher resolution version of the pic attached.. and it shows a push to talk button on the side. is that rumored to be supported as well? i can send it to you if you'd like (you probably have already seen it tho right?)

Brighthand Reviewer

Push-to-talk probably depends on the carrier. I'm not familiar with Cingular's plans on the subject, but I doubt that they'll support PTT.

Mobile Enthusiast

Smile Re: Cingular 8125

allow me to humbly direct your attention here.

http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cel...alse&zip=20110 (enter 20110 in the zip)

Cingular has had PTT for months now (at least in my area). all the phones listed on this page offer PTT for the cingular network.

I hope i didn't misunderstand your post.

i SHOULD point out that it's not PTT on a nextel network.. this one creates voice channels using Kodiak, where Nextel uses iDen which is Motorola specific.. but the functionality is the same.
    Last edited by Btate0121; 08-19-2006 at 07:17 AM.
    I quit.

Brighthand Reviewer

(Shrug) I suppose then that it's possible that it will support PTT, though as I said, I'm not familiar with Cingular's system or plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hardy
    About the only difference between the 8125 and the Hermes is support for HSDPA, and if that doesn't interest you, you might go ahead and get the 8125 now.
    Hi, new to the forum here.

I know they're similar, but some people might also not like the sluggishness of the 8125 (which is something that many people have complained about) compared to the much faster processor in the 8525.

The 8525 seems based on the HTC TYTN, except they ripped us off by pulling the video camera from the front (which would be perfect for SKYPE calling over Wi-Fi when you are in a wifi network).

I wonder if they made it impossible to use SKYPE too... just cripple every good feature in the phone...

I've been holding out on buying the TYTN because I was hoping I could get it cheaper when Cingular picked it up... but if they're going to do that to the phone, I might as well pay cash for an unlocked, uncrippled phone.

thats not push to talk. its the blackberry clickwheel. and back button, see how close they are together... i know a guy who does testing for Cingular and he said thats one of his favorite features...