Export of Gnu Keyring to PasswordSafe?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mobile Enthusiast

Default Export of Gnu Keyring to PasswordSafe?

After beeing a happy PalmOS user for a decade, I must move on.

Hence I need to move my password database from Gnu Keyring to PasswordSafe or just about any other program than can export to PasswordSafe. Target device is Nokia n810 / Maemo Linux.

If I get the passwords in any struyctured textfile, then I can do extensive string processing magic in Linux shell, to mangle the data. However... I need to get those password records OUT first.

Any ideas?

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

Default Re: Export of Gnu Keyring to PasswordSafe?

doesn't the N810 allow you to run 'an emulator' for PalmOS? In which case, I'd expect it to be happy with the .pdb file that Gnu Keyring uses to store your secrets (sorry, I'm punchy today )

Access Garnet VM Review
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

Mobile Enthusiast

Yes, it has the GarnetVM that

1) crashes (Can't connect to GVM 0x30004000 or something like that) each time I try to install certain valid databases, or each time I try to open one large ebook, or randomly just for fun

2) randomly crash or reboot my n810

3) hijacks the memory cards: My media player cannot access the sd cards anymore while and after the virtual machine has launched. Same applies to map applications. Reboot of tablet required...

So, the Garnet OS virtual machine is hugely unstable and crashes the whole device and causes so much trouble that I would prefer it gone. Forever.

Mobile Enthusiast

Maybe I should just retype all those passwords... It's just about one hundred. But it's boring and I'm lazy.

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

have you been to the dewvelopers site on sourceforge?
    http://gnukeyring.sourceforge.net/
    it appears that there are options already developed for your problem.
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

Mobile Enthusiast

Great! Thanks!

I can use the pyRing ringht now, and the java converter seems to allow me to migrate to more modern software

Palm Pilot

I migrated to pyring. It will take the Keyring .pdb file and use it directly, and it works on Maemo and on the desktop. I wish it had more features, but it works well enough, and it's the only app I could find that would import the Keyring database without having to retype everything.
    Regards,

Stan

M105->Zire->Zire71->T3 > Lifedrive + N800 > EeePC + Samsung Captivate + Asus Transformer Prime + SGS3

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B. Franklin

Another option:

I'm in the same situation. I want to load my password into Keepass and into something for the IPOD touch.

I used the desktop app Key Ring Windows Conduit to read the palm .prc file. Key Ring Windows has an export option, but unfortunately doesn't export in any standard format. I'm currently working on some python script to convert to CSV/TSV. I can give it to you when its ready if you'd like.

I also couldn't find the install file (windows) on the web. I can also email that to you.

Palm Pilot

There are, unfortunately, no good password safes which do decent export/import. KeepassX only does a limited amount, and while there are a number of export tools for Keyring databases, there seem to be none specifically for Keepass, KeepassX, or other similar programs. I'm currently using a combination of Pyring and JPilot on Ubuntu, as well as Pyring on N800 and Keyring on Palm. I'm getting a lot of fragmentation, since it's hard to make changes on the same platform all the time. If Pyring had an export feature, that would make things easier, but for now there is none, and also none for JPilot, so I'm pretty much stuck. The search is everlasting, it seems...
    Regards,

Stan

M105->Zire->Zire71->T3 > Lifedrive + N800 > EeePC + Samsung Captivate + Asus Transformer Prime + SGS3

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B. Franklin

Hookette's edgy lately

Quote Originally Posted by SGosnell View Post
    There are, unfortunately, no good password safes which do decent export/import. KeepassX only does a limited amount, and while there are a number of export tools for Keyring databases, there seem to be none specifically for Keepass, KeepassX, or other similar programs. I'm currently using a combination of Pyring and JPilot on Ubuntu, as well as Pyring on N800 and Keyring on Palm. I'm getting a lot of fragmentation, since it's hard to make changes on the same platform all the time. If Pyring had an export feature, that would make things easier, but for now there is none, and also none for JPilot, so I'm pretty much stuck. The search is everlasting, it seems...
    Ain't that the truth. When I moved from Palm to Symbian, I tried a number of high end password keepers that all claimed to import from SplashID (there is a symbian version of SplashID, but it isn't compatible with my device). None were able to import properly. I ended up picking the best Password program and fat-fingering everything in. JRakes just went through the same thing switching to WinMo.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm X > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM, Android 4.4.2, Franco kernel
    Nexus 7 (2012) wifi+data (AT&T), Rooted, SlimKat Build 4, Android 4.4.2, ART, Franco Kernel