Evernote for Android Now with Skitch Integration, Offline Search, Slideshow View, and More!

+ Reply to Thread
    hal
    itchy and cold feet hal

Arrow Evernote for Android Now with Skitch Integration, Offline Search, Slideshow View, and More!

Androiders, what do you make of this?

Evernote for Android Now with Skitch Integration, Offline Search, Slideshow View, and More! Evernote Blogcast

Evernote has acquired a note-taking clouded service called Skitch. Totally new to me. The feature that grabs my attention is the offline search. Anyone here with experience on it? Could it be a good option against Evernote Premium (that adds offline local storage)?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda. "Nothing is neither wear-proof, nor fail-proof, least fool-proof." - HAL. "Indeed, fool-proof inventions have been attempted, but don't work, fools are pretty witty ones." - Murphy's Law. "Even worse than a traitor, is a dumb@$$ with initiative." - Gral. Santa Ana
    Link: Palm resets

Hookette's edgy lately

Default Re: Evernote for Android Now with Skitch Integration, Offline Search, Slideshow View, and More!

I'm guessing Skitch is a lot better on tablets than smartphones. But I ditched Evernote long ago. I like to keep my notes basic and simple. I was using Simplenote, but now that I have full USB sync for Outlook, I just use Outlook and Deja Office.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

Mobile Consultant

Default Re: Evernote for Android Now with Skitch Integration, Offline Search, Slideshow View, and More!

Giving it a spin... may have to force Skitch to memory card if App2sd isn't enabled for it; wonder if that will affect functionality.

hal
    itchy and cold feet hal

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Giving it a spin... may have to force Skitch to memory card if App2sd isn't enabled for it; wonder if that will affect functionality.
    OK, that's a feature to take care of. Now, just for the record, I am unaware of how did integration between Evernote and Skitch has been achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I'm guessing Skitch is a lot better on tablets than smartphones. But I ditched Evernote long ago. I like to keep my notes basic and simple. I was using Simplenote, but now that I have full USB sync for Outlook, I just use Outlook and Deja Office.
    Remind me, how did you achive full USB sync for Outlook?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda. "Nothing is neither wear-proof, nor fail-proof, least fool-proof." - HAL. "Indeed, fool-proof inventions have been attempted, but don't work, fools are pretty witty ones." - Murphy's Law. "Even worse than a traitor, is a dumb@$$ with initiative." - Gral. Santa Ana

Hookette's edgy lately

Quote Originally Posted by hal View Post
    Remind me, how did you achive full USB sync for Outlook?
    FYI: You can sync your PIMs via local USB with your Android phone using Deja Office

Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

Mobile Consultant

Been using it today, albeit it for more business-y type deals than fun. I like it.

Skitch allows you to superimpose notes and sketches and such on pics. I use it for note-taking kind of how I did with the old Palm Memo program. It then allows you to share the note or upload to Evernote.

I am using it on a home repair project... taking pics and making notes directly on the image. Also using it to categorize mission opportunities.

Mostly, I just use the blank slate to write with fingers.

hal
    itchy and cold feet hal

Ah! Deja Office. In the recent days, I've been unable to follow all your development with Android. I remember you started using DO, but I didn't get to the point where it was revealed as a good Android-Outlook handcuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Been using it today, albeit it for more business-y type deals than fun. I like it.

Skitch allows you to superimpose notes and sketches and such on pics. I use it for note-taking kind of how I did with the old Palm Memo program. It then allows you to share the note or upload to Evernote.

I am using it on a home repair project... taking pics and making notes directly on the image. Also using it to categorize mission opportunities.

Mostly, I just use the blank slate to write with fingers.
    So, the assembly is using Skitch on the mobile device, the data gets stored locally, and eventually stored in Evernote. Very insightful, pal. I wasn't aware of the mechanics of Skitch/Evernote.

Mobile Consultant

Yep, trhat is pretty much how it works. You make the "skitch", and then you can save lt locally, email it, share it to social networs -- or simply save it to Evernote.

The minimalist part of me would have preferred that they just roll Skitch into Evernote as one app, but it's a decent collaborative tool.