Graffiti for Android

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mobile Enthusiast

Default Graffiti for Android

I don't know if anyone has posted this her yet,but you can get Graffiti on your Android phone now.
    Go to Market search "Graffiti for Android"
    and you will soon be able to use Grafitti 1,the variations for Graffiti 2 can be used too.
    It's like coming home.

Banned

Default Re: Graffiti for Android

If that's true, that would be a HUGE selling point in Android's favor for me. Esp. if it has Graffiti 1.

Hookette's edgy lately

Yup, I just tried it. It is published by Access. And it actually works with your finger. It's quite fast. It wasn't very accurate for me, but I think that is entirely my fault-- I hated Graffiti and never used it. I was very impressed with it's response.

It's pretty basic but it does what it says and I can see this becoming a very fast input methiod for a skilled Graffiti user.

EDIT: Yes, it is Graffiti 1.
    Last edited by Hook; 07-14-2010 at 07:27 AM.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

hal
    itchy and cold feet hal

Quote Originally Posted by vdesign View Post
    what is graffiti?
    vdesign, welcome to Brighthand!

Graffiti is a hand recognition software that allows the use of digital calligraphy to input data, using a touch-sensitive peripheral. It is the standard issue hand recognition software in the Palm OS platform. Here at Brighthand, many of us use or have used Palm OS devices, BTW discussing this platform was one of the things gave this website its audience and prestige. Thus the former, many of us are familiar with its use and benefits. Others, while not advocates of its use, are familiar to it as well.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda. "Nothing is neither wear-proof, nor fail-proof, least fool-proof." - HAL. "Indeed, fool-proof inventions have been attempted, but don't work, fools are pretty witty ones." - Murphy's Law. "Even worse than a traitor, is a dumb@$$ with initiative." - Gral. Santa Ana
    Link: Palm resets

Hookette's edgy lately

The one thing this has me wondering about... if Access is playing around with Android ports, are they perhaps looking at brining over the Garnet VM to Android?

Ah, where's Lefty when you need him.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

Mobile Consultant

Yah Hoo! Hey wait a minute it's Graffiti 1, what about the evil law suit?

Is there a way to get spell check and word replacement to work?
    It's so much faster for me than swype I think I'll keep it.

JLK
    Pain or damage or despair or even beatings don\'t end the world.
    The world ends when you\'re dead.
    Until then you\'re got more punishment in store.
    Stand it like a man, and give some back.

Hookette's edgy lately

Quote Originally Posted by LaLongeCarabine View Post
    Yah Hoo! Hey wait a minute it's Graffiti 1, what about the evil law suit?
    Actually it went through a number of purmutations being sent back and forth between higher and lower courts. I think the agreement ended up being xerox and Palmsource would lay off suing each other.

Is there a way to get spell check and word replacement to work?
    It's so much faster for me than swype I think I'll keep it.

JLK
    If you mean predictive text, Access would have to build that functionality in (no reason they couldn't). Any program that has spell check, like Docs-to-Go, should work for that, but not as you type.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Current:

Google'd.

Wow! I've been playing with this all morning, for quick entry it is very fast...and I usually pop out the keyboard for long entry. This may be my perfect input method. Can't believe how good it is even with just my thumb.
    "Give them nothing! But take from them everything!"

Gear Diary

Hookette's edgy lately

That's what surprised me-- that it worked so well without a stylus. I may finally learn to love grafitti.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Current:

PIM-Loving Maniac

Yipee! My old friend Graffiti has returned! Thanks for bringing it up here!
    With my big fingers and my difficulty accurately hitting the right keys with the onscreen keyboard (even in landscape mode), I'm happy to have Graffiti available! I wonder how long it's been around now?

I'm surprised how accurate it is in finding the center of my finger. :-)

- Tim