StatusNote for Android

Closed Thread
    Google'd.

Default StatusNote for Android

One more review...this one's super simple but very, very useful.

StatusNote review.
    "Give them nothing! But take from them everything!"

Gear Diary

Hookette's edgy lately

Default Re: StatusNote for Android

Nice, keep them coming. Ever since the Nexus One unlocked for AT&T popped up today, despite my happiness with Symbian and my mantra about wanting a keyboard, I keep feeling this mysterious tug...

It's nothing, I'm sure. Drool!
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

Endogame

Dark Forces FTW. Back in the day, I thought it beat all the favorites. Doom -- phhhhh. Quake -- well, okay, maybe not quake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Nice, keep them coming. Ever since the Nexus One unlocked for AT&T popped up today, despite my happiness with Symbian and my mantra about wanting a keyboard, I keep feeling this mysterious tug...

Whoa there fella. I have Q3 2011 in the BH Breakroom "when will Hook finally upgrade" pool. You can look, but no touching!
    Project Ara ~ Designed exclusively for 6 billion people.
    DIMPLE ~ Android NFC Buttons!

Google'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post

Come to the dark side...

Seriously, Android is surprisingly great at organizing, especially if you are ok with out of the box approaches like StatusNote. I thought I would miss having something like Pocket Informant, but I'm finding that I am good even without it.

Gear Diary

Bad Robot

QF - I think you should do this review business full-time for lots of cash Seriously, your articles are always interesting and understandable(is that a word ) Even my blondness doesn't get in the way of comprehension

Of course, the fact that you're talking about my favorite baby is just "gravy"

cassi
    WHEN YOUR GECKO IS BROKEN YOU HAVE A REPTILE DISFUNCTION

Google'd.

Quote Originally Posted by cassidy0423 View Post
    QF - I think you should do this review business full-time for lots of cash Seriously, your articles are always interesting and understandable(is that a word ) Even my blondness doesn't get in the way of comprehension

Of course, the fact that you're talking about my favorite baby is just "gravy"

cassi
    Aww...thanks Cassi. I try. You are way too kind.

Speaking of your favorite baby, have you had any more battery drain issues?

Gear Diary

Bad Robot

Quote Originally Posted by questionfear View Post
    Aww...thanks Cassi. I try. You are way too kind.

Speaking of your favorite baby, have you had any more battery drain issues?
    Now that you mention it Maybe 2 days ago, checked the charge as I was leaving for work, when I arrived, took the phone out of case and had the dreaded "less than 5% charge" warning. Did something (can't remember what ) to see what use the battery had, and the major % was that the phone had been turned on for "X" number of hours.

Made no sense to this blonde I need to find a better battery report app thingie

cassi
    WHEN YOUR GECKO IS BROKEN YOU HAVE A REPTILE DISFUNCTION

Mobile Enthusiast

Smile Re: StatusNote for Android

Good review -- interesting app!

I've been using Astrid for tasks, free sync with Remember the Milk on my PCs. Remember the Milk is web based, account driven, so I can get it on any of my machines.

Astrid is great, and the task reminders are clever, but it doesn't seem to work that well for a task with no specific due date, a reminder task. I tend to put a date a couple weeks again and have it set reminders that appear in Android notification bar. That's fine, but this app is a nice solution for a task without a "real" due date.

Now I'm going to read the rest of your reviews!

Google'd.

Quote Originally Posted by mszv View Post
    Good review -- interesting app!

I've been using Astrid for tasks, free sync with Remember the Milk on my PCs. Remember the Milk is web based, account driven, so I can get it on any of my machines.

Astrid is great, and the task reminders are clever, but it doesn't seem to work that well for a task with no specific due date, a reminder task. I tend to put a date a couple weeks again and have it set reminders that appear in Android notification bar. That's fine, but this app is a nice solution for a task without a "real" due date.

Now I'm going to read the rest of your reviews!
    I am so glad you liked it! That is exactly how I use Status Note and it works perfectly! Good luck.

Gear Diary