StatusNote for Android

Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Google'd.
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,690

    Default StatusNote for Android

    One more review...this one's super simple but very, very useful.

    StatusNote review.
    "Give them nothing! But take from them everything!"

    Gear Diary

  2. #2
    Hookette's edgy lately
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Northern VA, USA
    Posts
    16,696

    Default Re: StatusNote for Android

    Nice, keep them coming. Ever since the Nexus One unlocked for AT&T popped up today, despite my happiness with Symbian and my mantra about wanting a keyboard, I keep feeling this mysterious tug...

    It's nothing, I'm sure. Drool!
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

    Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

    Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

  3. #3
    Endogame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    x marks the spot
    Posts
    4,367

    Default Re: StatusNote for Android

    Dark Forces FTW. Back in the day, I thought it beat all the favorites. Doom -- phhhhh. Quake -- well, okay, maybe not quake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Nice, keep them coming. Ever since the Nexus One unlocked for AT&T popped up today, despite my happiness with Symbian and my mantra about wanting a keyboard, I keep feeling this mysterious tug...

    It's nothing, I'm sure. Drool!
    Whoa there fella. I have Q3 2011 in the BH Breakroom "when will Hook finally upgrade" pool. You can look, but no touching!
    Project Ara ~ Designed exclusively for 6 billion people.
    DIMPLE ~ Android NFC Buttons!

  4. #4
    Google'd.
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,690

    Default Re: StatusNote for Android

    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Nice, keep them coming. Ever since the Nexus One unlocked for AT&T popped up today, despite my happiness with Symbian and my mantra about wanting a keyboard, I keep feeling this mysterious tug...

    It's nothing, I'm sure. Drool!
    Come to the dark side...

    Seriously, Android is surprisingly great at organizing, especially if you are ok with out of the box approaches like StatusNote. I thought I would miss having something like Pocket Informant, but I'm finding that I am good even without it.
    "Give them nothing! But take from them everything!"

    Gear Diary

  5. #5
    Bad Robot
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Not across the pond Device: Droid
    Posts
    4,643

    Default Re: StatusNote for Android

    QF - I think you should do this review business full-time for lots of cash Seriously, your articles are always interesting and understandable(is that a word ) Even my blondness doesn't get in the way of comprehension

    Of course, the fact that you're talking about my favorite baby is just "gravy"


    cassi
    WHEN YOUR GECKO IS BROKEN YOU HAVE A REPTILE DISFUNCTION

  6. #6
    Google'd.
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,690

    Default Re: StatusNote for Android

    Quote Originally Posted by cassidy0423 View Post
    QF - I think you should do this review business full-time for lots of cash Seriously, your articles are always interesting and understandable(is that a word ) Even my blondness doesn't get in the way of comprehension

    Of course, the fact that you're talking about my favorite baby is just "gravy"


    cassi
    Aww...thanks Cassi. I try. You are way too kind.

    Speaking of your favorite baby, have you had any more battery drain issues?
    "Give them nothing! But take from them everything!"

    Gear Diary

  7. #7
    Bad Robot
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Not across the pond Device: Droid
    Posts
    4,643

    Default Re: StatusNote for Android

    Quote Originally Posted by questionfear View Post
    Aww...thanks Cassi. I try. You are way too kind.

    Speaking of your favorite baby, have you had any more battery drain issues?
    Now that you mention it Maybe 2 days ago, checked the charge as I was leaving for work, when I arrived, took the phone out of case and had the dreaded "less than 5% charge" warning. Did something (can't remember what ) to see what use the battery had, and the major % was that the phone had been turned on for "X" number of hours.

    Made no sense to this blonde I need to find a better battery report app thingie

    cassi
    WHEN YOUR GECKO IS BROKEN YOU HAVE A REPTILE DISFUNCTION

  8. #8
    Mobile Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    33

    Smile Re: StatusNote for Android

    Good review -- interesting app!

    I've been using Astrid for tasks, free sync with Remember the Milk on my PCs. Remember the Milk is web based, account driven, so I can get it on any of my machines.

    Astrid is great, and the task reminders are clever, but it doesn't seem to work that well for a task with no specific due date, a reminder task. I tend to put a date a couple weeks again and have it set reminders that appear in Android notification bar. That's fine, but this app is a nice solution for a task without a "real" due date.

    Now I'm going to read the rest of your reviews!

  9. #9
    Google'd.
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,690

    Default Re: StatusNote for Android

    Quote Originally Posted by mszv View Post
    Good review -- interesting app!

    I've been using Astrid for tasks, free sync with Remember the Milk on my PCs. Remember the Milk is web based, account driven, so I can get it on any of my machines.

    Astrid is great, and the task reminders are clever, but it doesn't seem to work that well for a task with no specific due date, a reminder task. I tend to put a date a couple weeks again and have it set reminders that appear in Android notification bar. That's fine, but this app is a nice solution for a task without a "real" due date.

    Now I'm going to read the rest of your reviews!
    I am so glad you liked it! That is exactly how I use Status Note and it works perfectly! Good luck.
    "Give them nothing! But take from them everything!"

    Gear Diary

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1